Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o² reactor

Hello,

i´m new here in this forum. We are a koi dealer in germany.

I´ve just a question to you all.

What kind of o² reactors did you all have in your pond system?

Regards

Markus

Markus, welcome to the board. It'll be great to have your input.

I for one am not embarassed to say i don't know what an O2 reactor is? Is there another name it goes by. I suspect that may be the case. Please explain

Dunkka
    Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi,

i hope that i can give you the right answer in english, because my english isn´t so good, but i hope that you understand me.

An o² reactor is a maschine which mixed the o² (oxygen) with your pond water. Man Koifreak do that with a oxigen koncentrator but this machine has a big power and your electricity bill would be very high.

If someone is interested into a new way to bring much oxygen into the water without high electricity costs i can help you.

Markus

Comment

is that like forcefully dissolving the o2 into the water? (using compression?)

Comment

... or are you talking about liquid oxygen?

Comment

Hello,

i´m not talking about liquid oxygen. How does you all bring oxygen into your pond water?

that is my question, and i think that we have a fantastic solution for that .

Markus

Comment

I think he's referring to air, as in air pump.

Mike Pfeffer
              Mike Pfeffer
              Northern Midwest ZNA show
              June 19 - 20, 2010
              Season's Garden Nursery
              Fishers, IN

Comment

Originally posted by l113892
                I think he's referring to air, as in air pump.

Mike Pfeffer

Yes I think Mike is right. We use air pumps here in the states.

Comment

90% of the people use air pumps with air stones
                  a few % add the use of venturis

but i doubt many use pure o2

Comment

the high turn over rate in my pond does most of the oxygenation for me, as all of my filtered water outlets down my waterfall, others have baki towers which have high pump rates and high aeration effect as well, others have air stones and or combinations of many of these together/ Sounds like you have new idea to share with us so go ahead and tell us about it.....
                    " I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy "

Comment

I haven't heard of anyone pumping pure oxygen into their pond, only using air pumps like Medo, Airtech, Alita....Pumping pure oxygen is hella expensive and kinda dangerous if not used right...
                      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

So... let's hear the sales pitch Koi-Schmid.

-stevehopkins

Comment

Hello Guys,

thanks for your replies. If you use air pumps you konow that you are pumping air into your water. And in air there is only 20% oxigen and round about 79% azotic!!!! With that you dung your algae in the system.

At sunday we will have some trials at a wholesaler with our products. I hopoe that i can tell you more about it in the next weeks.

But also im wondering why you don´t use oxigen generators for your pond?

If you are interestet in venturi system we also have some developed:

regards

Markus

Comment

ok ... tell us how it works, how much it is, etc.

because pure o2 in tanks cost real cheap where i belong. i just dont like the idea of something consumable... unless your item/product gathers pure o2 from the air ...

Comment

Aragorn,

do you know something about oxigen contentrators? These concentrators produce pure o² from the air, but they will loose much o² concentration if they work long time. So you have to reduce the working time of this product. But that is the problem, if you reduce the eorking time your oxigen level in the water will fall down.

The idea for our new product is to use the concentrator or oxigen bottles for a minimum and to get a big volume of oxigene into the water. Without any hightech electronical system. And that is the most important think, with a big water flow, over 4.000 gallon per hour.

Regards

Markus

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X