My Amazing Kikokuryu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Amazing Kikokuryu...

Here is one of my tosai from the beginning of the year. I love the variety of Kikokuryu, so here is my record of my fish "Tony Yayo". As you can see when I first got it had a split pec, but it soon has healed. The sumi on the back is ever changing and the motoguro has tightened up.
    Attached Files
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Lookin' good! The motoguro on pecs look awesome. Fish is really filling out - that sweet potato mash must be kicking in. Have to update pics of "Ugly Shiro," his motoguro has come along quite nicely as well. Makes you happy to see them improve.

Comment

first time I ever saw one was at the 1997 all japan show. liked their looks then and still do, altho i don't see a bunch of them in dealer shipments or shows
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Hey Tony!
        I would like to keep an eye that one on a daily basis. Know what I mean?
        Koi-Unit
        " Da Best" Chapter
        xxx

Comment

I like the way the sumi is changing, Aquitory, that koï must look great in the pond.
          But, it's always better to ask a stupid question then to remain ignorant, so:
          What is the difference between the kikokuryu and the kumunryu patern? I would have call this one a kumunryu..
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by marco
            I like the way the sumi is changing, Aquitory, that koï must look great in the pond.
            But, it's always better to ask a stupid question then to remain ignorant, so:
            What is the difference between the kikokuryu and the kumunryu patern? I would have call this one a kumunryu..
            Thanks
            Well I'll answer your question and it isn't a ignorant one. Kikokuryu was developed by Igarashi buy breeding Kumunryu and Doistsu Purchina. Aoki and Kase has done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinosan
              Hey Tony!
              I would like to keep an eye that one on a daily basis. Know what I mean?
              Might have to tie up "Bear" next to the pond..

Comment

I hope yours turns out better than mine did. I like the way yours is developing much better than the one that I had. Mine recently went to a good home to live out his days.

~Raymond.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Koi-Toys
                  I hope yours turns out better than mine did. I like the way yours is developing much better than the one that I had. Mine recently went to a good home to live out his days.

~Raymond.
                  Yours looks kinda interesting...I think if the doistsu scales(german scales) turn platinum white it would look cool. How old is your fish?

Comment

No platinum, just a jet black body with a big yellow head. The last pic was taken Sept. last year at which time it was nisai and about 14". Kikokuryu and kumonryu are very challenging...what you see isn't what you get.

~Raymond.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                    Working...
                    X