Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had only one choice.......Koi Buying trip

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you had only one choice.......Koi Buying trip

    If you had only one choice of area in Japan for Koi Buying trip only...

    What area would you go to???


    Niigata??
    Isawa/Hiroshima??
    Southern Japan??


    Just Curious as I had this on my mind on my morning run and also cause Japan is abou 2 months away...

    Remember only 1 area... of course you could extend this by saying why you would go there or what breeders you would visit as well..
    It's a living creature (chit happens)
  • #2

    I'd go see toshio sakai in isawa.

    Not because there aren't other fine breeders. It's just he and i have a history, I respect what he's done with his program and look forward to renewing old aquaintances.
    Dick Benbow

    Comment

    • #3

      Originally posted by keokoi
      If you had only one choice of area in Japan for Koi Buying trip only...

      What area would you go to???


      Niigata??
      Isawa/Hiroshima??
      Southern Japan??


      Just Curious as I had this on my mind on my morning run and also cause Japan is abou 2 months away...

      Remember only 1 area... of course you could extend this by saying why you would go there or what breeders you would visit as well..

      Niigata, would be 1st choice, I want to go back and see what last years devistation has done to change one of the most beautiful places in the world, that I have had the opportunity to see. My 1st choice for breeder there would be Marudo, he is a very remarkable person. Whom we have enjoyed getting to know over the past few years.

      Comment

      • #4

        I agree with Dick...Toshio Sakai, Isawa, is my "one stop shop" for similar reasons....
        Best regards,

        Bob Winkler

        My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5

          Niigata definitely you get more variety selection and different style of koi in niigata.

          regards brake san
          Last edited by brake san; 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM. Reason: mistake

          Comment

          • #6

            Originally posted by keokoi
            If you had only one choice of area in Japan for Koi Buying trip only...

            What area would you go to???


            Niigata??
            Isawa/Hiroshima??
            Southern Japan??


            Just Curious as I had this on my mind on my morning run and also cause Japan is abou 2 months away...

            Remember only 1 area... of course you could extend this by saying why you would go there or what breeders you would visit as well..
            Southern Japan definitely!!! Would like to go to Mecca(Niigata), but dont know whats there. Southern Japan, Momotaro, Sakai Hiroshima, Omosako, Ogawa, Narita, Takeda, Takigawa...etc....I'll visit Niigata when everything is all good....But Momotaro would be my first stop, those are my boys and the BBQ is the best.
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by keokoi
              If you had only one choice of area in Japan for Koi Buying trip only...

              What area would you go to???


              Niigata??
              Isawa/Hiroshima??
              Southern Japan??


              Just Curious as I had this on my mind on my morning run and also cause Japan is abou 2 months away...

              Remember only 1 area... of course you could extend this by saying why you would go there or what breeders you would visit as well..
              For my first choice is Southern Japan. My plan is to go with Champion Koi, I hope that we can visit all breeders in a week.

              Comment

              • #8

                Nancy do you know this person?

                I took this last year 3 hours before the earth quake.

                Jules
                Jules

                www.jewelspondsandgardens.co.uk

                Comment

                • #9

                  Hiroshima for me.
                  Jaco Vorster
                  South Africa

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Originally posted by bnkoi
                    For my first choice is Southern Japan. My plan is to go with Champion Koi, I hope that we can visit all breeders in a week.
                    When are you goin? I am goin with Kevin in Nov!!!! Southern Japan here I come!!! Possible stops: Ogata, Ogawa, Omosako, Momotaro, Ueno..I love it!!!
                    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by Jules
                      I took this last year 3 hours before the earth quake.

                      Jules
                      Marudo's oldest daughter and it looks like the new greenhouse. she is such a hard worker and dam is she good with a net in her hand. She walks those rickety old planks in the greenhouse like she was walking on solid ground. She always amazes me with her skills and dedication to her father.

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Originally posted by bnkoi
                        For my first choice is Southern Japan. My plan is to go with Champion Koi, I hope that we can visit all breeders in a week.
                        If you are going with Tom, then I will be seeing you, Tom is part of our group every year.

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Originally posted by Nancy M.
                          Marudo's oldest daughter and it looks like the new greenhouse. she is such a hard worker and dam is she good with a net in her hand. She walks those rickety old planks in the greenhouse like she was walking on solid ground. She always amazes me with her skills and dedication to her father.
                          Damn, I knew it...Joe was asking me yesterday when I saw him off. I remember her face from a magazine somewhere...
                          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by aquitori
                            When are you goin? I am goin with Kevin in Nov!!!! Southern Japan here I come!!! Possible stops: Ogata, Ogawa, Omosako, Momotaro, Ueno..I love it!!!
                            No Kidding...it's going to be first week of November, because we don't want to miss the Turkey.

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Originally posted by bnkoi
                              No Kidding...it's going to be first week of November, because we don't want to miss the Turkey.
                              No kidding!!! Goin to have to make some "Koi-Unit Japan Chapter" Shirts to promote the club...So dont be surprised if you see a breeder wearing a Koi-Unit shirt...HAHAHAHA...But seriously, we are looking at Nov 14th a week before Turkey Day and it is prefect ...Curry Katsu here I come!!!!
                              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X