hard labour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard labour

I've just come back from staying with maurice cox from koi-uk. He very kindly invited me to go and stay with him as I had shown a interest in koi breeding. I never knew how hard it was going to be, I really admire maurice for all his dedication, At least 14 hour days 7 days a week. From day 1 I was culling under maurices expert eye, I nearly fell a sleep culling 3mm shiro utsuris, And there was 250,000 of them. But oh boy did I love it. My ambition is to try to breed high quality koi. It is well worth a trip to maurices establishment. I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart lynne and maurice for treating me like family, And also chris for letting me share his bedroom. Maurice I have learnt so much from you, Thank you so much maurice once again, I am already missing your company.

blake
    (brake san)

Maurice he is good people.. I crossed his path in Japan at Choguro's.. Never chatted until I posted a pic and he was in it. He emailed me and said thats me.. Well, As curious as one gets I checked out his website and new this guy was a serious NUT! ( in a koikichi way)

Brake-san you are lucky to have a koi kichi dude liek Maurice to invite you to his culling sweat shop (lol)

Did you keep a Journal let us know more besides drinking beeru!
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

I never got a chance to write in a journal because I was to buisy culling. And I am not allowed to drink beer as I am only 12 years old.

brake san
      Last edited by brake san; 08-11-2005, 12:52 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

I think this thread should be changed to "Labor of Love", cuz I swear if you go into this hobby half-hearted it is no longer enjoyable...
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Hi Blake, I'm the chap you met on Tuesday, the one with the silver evo who picked the chag up. I can appreciate how much work must go into it after seeing the sheer SIZE of the operation ,a lot of water and a LOT of fry. The worst thing too is the heat you have to work in. Hats off to the pair of you

Comment

blake you are very lucky to be able to learn from someone who's doing it!
            Dick Benbow

Comment

Brake san, it was a huge pleasure having you stay over the past couple of weeks.
              Lynn has asked this evening, when can we have Blake back again?

You're welcome as part of our family any time you wish to visit, I felt the same as you when we parted last evening, you just show it better than me!

You pal,
              Maurice.
              http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

PS, you spend a couple of weeks with me, then you go home and start posting instead of just lurking!!

Am I a bad influence?

Good to see you step on to keyboard,
                Way to go Brake san,
                Maurice.
                http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

Brake-San

Good to meet you again on Sunday. It isn't very often I lurk on the hard shoulder of the M5 but where Maurice is concerned coming this far north he needed a Guide as the force was not with him .

Blake as I told Maurice on Sunday when I get hacked off with things I call Maurice and get some of his enthusiasm sent down the phone. I thought I worked hard? Part timer compared to Maurice. Well done Gents catch up with you both soon.

Jules
                  Jules

www.jewelspondsandgardens.co.uk

Comment

jules, I am seeing tim waddy at the end of this month so he will still get his belly rub, I will email you with his reaction.
                    blake

Comment

mistake really sorry

brake san

Comment

sorry mistake,
                        brake san

Comment

Hi Blake

It was good to have met you when you came to the South Wales Section BKKS BBQ recently. Sorry about the weather by the way !!

You are really fortunate to have been able to spend so much time with Maurice and Lynn....I am quite envious LOL !

If you should ever be in this part of the world again, a welcome always awaits you. Let me know if you ever get into Bonsai too (joke!). Do keep in touch.

Mark & Ritta
                          Best regards, Mark

Comment

Thank you mark, If we are ever in the area me and my mum and dad would love to come up and see your koi and I would like to have another look because we rushed a bit last time when we came up with maurice, thank you for the offer. I will leave the bonsias to you and I will just stick with the koi LOL. Please can you email me your email address ours is,

[email protected]

kind regards blake

Comment

you have an email Blake

Blake, I have sent you an email with all the details
                              Best regards, Mark

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X