Any pics of summer growing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pics of summer growing?

Just had to ask if people had pics of their fishes summer growth. I post some of mine later....
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

I don't have any pics of koi but I can tell you the growth of a sanke I have, It has just turned its first birthday, I had it last october from toshio sakia and it was 12cm now it's 44cm. which is my best growth this season.

brake san

Comment

Originally posted by brake san
      I don't have any pics of koi but I can tell you the growth of a sanke I have, It has just turned its first birthday, I had it last october from toshio sakia and it was 12cm now it's 44cm. which is my best growth this season.

brake san
      Wow!! We all really need to see this Sanke of yours...That is some amazing growth out of one season.

Comment

Where it has grown so much it is loosing its beni, I would post a picture but dont know how.

Kind regards

brake san

Comment

My ogata shusui...

Ok guys,
          not a great picture taker and this is the first summer I am actually measuring before and after shots so bear with me.

First pic, taken June 2005, when first bought at 29-30 cm

Second pic, taken today at 41-42 cm.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ucpondguy
            Ok guys,
            not a great picture taker and this is the first summer I am actually measuring before and after shots so bear with me.

First pic, taken June 2005, when first bought at 28 cm

Second pic, taken today at 41-42 cm.
            I love the progress, but damn I hate our hard water here in Northern California...I am sure Dick will be glad to see your Shusui....

Comment

Water softener all the way!!!

Works great for me.

Ph is also solid at 7.6

I couldn never get Ph to be lower than 8.

After 3 months of using soft water, my Ph is now 7.6 or 7.5.

This's not supposed to happen according to all the experts here, but for some reason it did. (I am Not complaining )

Comment

koiloco,what is your kh.

brake san

Comment

"ugly shiro" is growing, getting a little better.....

Well, maybe Tom C. will be right after all about little "ugly shiro".....getting a bit better....

These are not pics of impressive growth - just a young fish. The rapid change in body conformation & pattern development are interesting, at least to me. Has grown from 4 1/2" June 3, to 9 1/2" today, so about 10 weeks.

Thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy looking at a wee, tiny koi growing up.....remind you of your early days in koi hobby.

Good points, IMO, body shape is coming along nicely and happy about development of well balanced motogoro. Can't see, but the ventral & anal fins marked consistently with pecs. White is still way off, fish still yellowish. Hope to see that clear up. Sumi seems to be re-emerging much darker again from the tail section forward.

Edit - pics posting out of order. 1st one june 3, last one june 28, two pics in middle are today. (Last pic looks like crapola - yikes!)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jen looks all good.. Especially in the blue tub... hush Luke! anyhow what is yoru temps feed etc? I think this shiro will come back this winter... Head, fins look consisitent of yellow tinge. So some fasting through winter good cool water I think you might be seeing a different tone of white by next spring...

Joe
                    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                      Jen looks all good.. Especially in the blue tub... hush Luke! anyhow what is yoru temps feed etc? I think this shiro will come back this winter... Head, fins look consisitent of yellow tinge. So some fasting through winter good cool water I think you might be seeing a different tone of white by next spring...

Joe
                      I just finished posting about blue bowl - haha!

White emerging clean this fall is my hope. Curious to see how black on head comes back in. Water has been quite warm this summer, hot around here. Been at 82 degrees consistently for probably about the past month. ph holding at around 7.8, more or less. Feeding mix of approximately 2/5 Hai Feng Quik Grow, 2/5 Ogata Silk power, and 1/5 Ogata wheat germ. And of course, supplements of pear & peach chunks thanks to stupid squirrels.......

Comment

Mulberry,
                        Ain't shiros fun.
                        Might take the second or fourth winter for all that yeller to get off that koi...and there ain't no telling where the black is going to end up.
                        I'll bet it will come back into the head..I just can't say where.

Comment

Originally posted by brake san
                          koiloco,what is your kh.

brake san
                          Hey brake san,

my GH is around 3 or 4 all the time.

My Kh is around 8.

I use a mix of regular tap and soften water.

I did bought an RO filter, trying to get the Ph to go down to 7.5 by mixing tap + RO water. But I don't have to anymore. SO I never install the RO system.

Comment

Originally posted by koiloco
                            Hey brake san,

my GH is around 3 or 4 all the time.

My Kh is around 8.

I use a mix of regular tap and soften water.

I did bought an RO filter, trying to get the Ph to go down to 7.5 by mixing tap + RO water. But I don't have to anymore. SO I never install the RO system.
                            Binh, was wondering if you can house my Shusui.. Need to condition it for Kevins show.. My hard water is killing it. Of course no risk and I would give you some feed as well... Joe
                            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Seems like you are an excellent koi keeper - you should be happy that
                              it is in your care instead of sending to Mr. Antonio;-)) Hope you can say
                              goodbye to the yellow head some day.

--Dinh

Originally posted by mulberryjen
                              Well, maybe Tom C. will be right after all about little "ugly shiro".....getting a bit better....

These are not pics of impressive growth - just a young fish. The rapid change in body conformation & pattern development are interesting, at least to me. Has grown from 4 1/2" June 3, to 9 1/2" today, so about 10 weeks.

Thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy looking at a wee, tiny koi growing up.....remind you of your early days in koi hobby.

Good points, IMO, body shape is coming along nicely and happy about development of well balanced motogoro. Can't see, but the ventral & anal fins marked consistently with pecs. White is still way off, fish still yellowish. Hope to see that clear up. Sumi seems to be re-emerging much darker again from the tail section forward.

Edit - pics posting out of order. 1st one june 3, last one june 28, two pics in middle are today. (Last pic looks like crapola - yikes!)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X