konoko sanke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• konoko sanke

I have a sanke well it was 2 weeks ago now it is a konoko sanke, I do not know what it will finally turn in to. Do you have any ideas why this has happened. I would be very grateful for any advice as it has never happened in my pond before.

kind regards
    brake san

iF YOU STARTED WITH A SANKE and are now looking at a fawn (dappled) one, I would anticipate that soon you will have a shiro bekko.
    Dick Benbow

Comment

I thought that might happen, what could Have been the real cause of that.

kind regards brake san

Comment

Originally posted by brake san
        I have a sanke well it was 2 weeks ago now it is a konoko sanke, I do not know what it will finally turn in to. Do you have any ideas why this has happened. I would be very grateful for any advice as it has never happened in my pond before.

kind regards
        brake san
        Brake san, if you email me the pic I can resize it for you.
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Brake san's Kanoko Sanke....
          Attached Files

Comment

kind regards
            brake san
            Wondered what it looked like before...What breeder is this Sanke from?

Comment

The breeder is matsunoske, And it looked great before, If I send you one of what it looked like before can you post that on there for me.
              kind regards

blake
              (brake san)

Comment

Brake-san,
                two culbrits lurking out there. genetics ( not much you can do about that one!) and water quality with an eye to high PH.
                Keep in mind that most japanese bred koi are born and raised in low 7 PH.
                When they get overseas and into the 8's problem's can happen pretty quickly!
                Dick Benbow

Comment

Thanks dick,I know that my ph is 8.2. So that now sounds the most likely cause, I also have a hajiro which I got at the same time as the sanke it was 10cm when I got it and now measures 47cm but with a high ph wouldnt sumi go as well, I am only 12 years old so I am really interested in this subject as no one has been over it with me before.

regards
                  brake san
                  blake squires

Comment

Since I'm still learning about this (and I'm old enough to be your father!) I'll just explain my thoughts.

It could be the fish is growing fast and has outgrown the color cells. I don't think this happens much these days; genetics these days lets the fish grow fast and still keep color. Look to the center of the scales to see if the core color is still stronger there. The fish certainly looks like one that has potential for growth.

Higher PH is supposed to be bad for hi and good for sumi. I think this also ties in with high hardness and high TDS. High PH with low TDS generally means support by baking soda or similar and that can mean varying PH and stress. I'm presuming that you've learned how to control that from Maurice and the issue is that you've got high KH/GH/TDS water instead.

I recall somebody saying you should learn what kinds of fish do well in your water. Assuming you don't change your water, of course. That may be the ultimate lesson here.

Comment

Jasons, When I got the koi out the color in the center of the scale is a darker beni than inthe edge of the scale, I also know that the kh is around 2 Which I know is soft but we trickle water in all the time to prevent a ph crash. Which we have never had.

kind regards

brake san
                      blake

Comment

Brake-san,
                        First of all I want to encourage you for you quest for knowledge.
                        Good black is more an issue of GH unhindered by any water quality issues that could contribute to a build up of nitric acid in unclean conditions.
                        Your on the right island to learn with the best on water quality outside of japan. click on Yume Koi and read some of his articles on water quality and see how it all goes together. Maybe Mike will get you an invite over for some hands on. Mike's the genuine article so don't be afraid to ask for his help!
                        Dick Benbow

Comment

The breeder is matsunoske, And it looked great before, If I send you one of what it looked like before can you post that on there for me.
                          kind regards

blake
                          (brake san)
                          Sure no problem...Since I am at work i will resize it and post it later.

Comment

Thanks dick, I know mike very well I knew him from when he first started, And my first decent koi came from him and I still have her well Im not sure what it is m/f, bit of both I think. I went to mikes last week with maurice cox, As usual mike bowls up every single koi for you to see, very high class stuff.

kind regards

brake san
                            blake squires

Comment

Originally posted by dick benbow
                              Brake-san,
                              First of all I want to encourage you for you quest for knowledge.
                              Good black is more an issue of GH unhindered by any water quality issues that could contribute to a build up of nitric acid in unclean conditions.
                              Your on the right island to learn with the best on water quality outside of japan. click on Yume Koi and read some of his articles on water quality and see how it all goes together. Maybe Mike will get you an invite over for some hands on. Mike's the genuine article so don't be afraid to ask for his help!
                              I arrived at Yumekoi on Tuesday just as Blake and Maurice where leaving so I guess he has already been down that route.

Edit:Oops posted at same time as Blake.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X