Pump Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Question.

I am in the process of building an aprox. 5,000 gallon pond for xmas and was wondering what size pump to get? My filter is a max 7,000 gph Pressurized filter. My setup is from skimmer to pump to 5 gallon bucket with k1 media to the pressure filter to a waterfall. Help quick.

Originally posted by Itsalltender View Post
    I am in the process of building an aprox. 5,000 gallon pond for xmas and was wondering what size pump to get? My filter is a max 7,000 gph Pressurized filter. My setup is from skimmer to pump to 5 gallon bucket with k1 media to the pressure filter to a waterfall. Help quick.

Rethink....all ponds need bottom drains. Depending on pond shape, one skimmer and one BD should be OK.

What is the role of the bucket of K1? Is that supposed to be a mechanical stage?
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

I hope you meant to type 50 gallons and not 5 gallons of k1 media because that would not be enough biological or mechanical to support your 5,000 gallon pond. You have a pump pulling from the skimmer to the k1 bucket...how are you delivering the water from the k1 bucket to the pressurized filter or did you "T" off with one going to the k1 bucket and the other goes to the pressurized filter then to the waterfall? Need more information...

Comment

Biological.

Comment

It goes from bucket directly to pressure with PVC

Comment

Consider two filter paths to give some redundancy and overall improve filtration/aeration.

Skimmer to pump to shower (skip the waterfall as they provide little biological benefit). Bypass in winter as needed. Ideally have a sieve before the pump if the budget allows.

BD to pump to pressurized filter. This is the main filter that will run 24/7/365 (except for cleaning). Ideally have a sieve before the pump if the budget allows.

For each of the skimmer and BD circuits, consider an Advantage ES8500.
            Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
            Working...
            X