Pick the koi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick the koi.

Pick the nicest koi out of each category.

1.Hariwake
    Click image for larger version

Name:	H1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	240579
    or

Name:	H2.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	240580

2.Platinum Ogon

Name:	PO1.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	240581
    or Doitsu Platinum Ogon

Name:	PO2.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	240582

3.Shusui

Name:	S1.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	240583
    or

Name:	S2.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	240584

4.Taisho Sanke

Name:	T1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	240585
    or

Name:	T2.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	240586

About nextdaykoi

nextdaykoi says they have over 20 years of combined experience in the Koi industry and are a leading dealer of American-bred Koi and Butterfly Koi.

nextdaykoi only sell Koi from one supplier, Blue Ridge Fish Hatchery.

Comment

you have another thread going about what pump and such but just from limited description on that thread with 5 gallon bucket and such -your money might be best spent on getting the pond and its fitration up and going before buying koi.
      hate for you to spend money on koi and them lose them cause filtration is not up to its ability to support a bunch of koi.
      wish i would have done this in my first years of the hobby
      spent money and fish then lost them all and realized where to start spending money first then get fish
      would have been alot cheaper in this hobby
      Paul Korf

member of:
      Midwest Pond and Koi Society
      Louisville Koi club
      IKONA

Comment

I do not know where you are located. If you are in an area where there is true winter, I would urge you to postpone until Spring. These are very small, young koi. Exposure to winter conditions will be hard for them. There will be plenty of equivalent ones available when your local conditions are mild.

As to which is 'best', all have issues. So, I look at it as which would be more fun to observe as it grows. I'd pick the Shusui. The zipper is off, but Shusui can do curious things as they grow.

Comment

Thanks I know and have a great filtration system planned.

Comment

If these were the last koi on earth and I was forced to pick one of each it would be 2,1,1 and 2. Fortunately there are plenty of other koi available so I would pass on all of them....but thats just me.
            Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

Originally posted by jnorth View Post
              If these were the last koi on earth and I was forced to pick one of each it would be 2,1,1 and 2. Fortunately there are plenty of other koi available so I would pass on all of them....but thats just me.
              By the way I'm not trying to be mean with my post its just that I like many others on this board pick our koi based against a show koi standard. These koi are pond grade koi so you basically would just pick whatever you personally like. Now if you want to know what makes them pond koi versus show koi thats a different question.....
              Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

We in the organized hobby should strive to know what makes a koi a good/better/best example of a given variety/class. We should also strive to have the best koi our particular circumstances allow....regardless if we will exhibit the koi in a show.

I can love a GC just as well as a mutt...perhaps more.
                Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

Originally posted by MCA View Post
                  We should also strive to have the best koi our particular circumstances allow....regardless if we will exhibit the koi in a show.
                  You see now thats the thing. If you want a sanke and you are picking between the two pictured then regardless of what you paid you are going to be dissappointed when they turn into bekkos and are no longer the sanke you paid for. I think the hariwakes are likely to lose some color as well .
                  Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X