What would you ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you ask?

Around March last year, ahead of my first trip to Momotaro, I asked posters on www.koichat.com what question they would ask him.

Thanks largely to Koi Bito mag and DVD many people know significantly more about Momotaro Koi Farm than 18 months ago.

If you could ask Mr Maeda 3 questions what would they be?

Mark
    Mark Gardner

Just one question from me.

Toshio Sakai set out to improve the sumi on Sanke and the growth potential of koi. In the process he has produced a fish that is instantly recognisable as his work, regardless of the breeder, the Matsonosuke hallmark is unmissable.

Does Maeda San have similar goals and if so, what are the hallmarks we should look for?

rgds Bern
    South East Koi Club

Comment

Yes Mark, thanks. I would ask him if his bakki shower design is modeled after aerobic trickle towers used in waste treatment plants or a modified activated sludge design? ( both organic processors)
      2) Does he believe that filamentous bacteria occupies the system?

3) what are his thoughts on the value of water rich in keloidal particles?

JR

Comment

Something that I would be interested in knowing.

Since he uses a nearby river to continually change water in his ponds through the Bakki Showers, how does he plan to change that if and when KHV infected fish are found in the river?

Comment

Will you give me thatone? thatone? and thatone?

Comment

Where is Rose now?

Comment

What breeder(s) would you see in Nigata? Where are you getting your parent stock, if not from your own ponds?

Comment

Jason, how do you mean, 'What breeder(s) would you see in Nigata?'
                Mark Gardner

Comment

i think it would be hard to ask 3 questions as you would be wanting to ask more and more to get all the knowledge you could while he was answering questions, just my opinion

paul

Comment

Originally posted by markgardner
                    Jason, how do you mean, 'What breeder(s) would you see in Nigata?'
                    I guess that doesn't translate well, does it? :?

The more interesting question, to my mind, is the second anyhow. But another way of putting the first question is: What breeder or breeders would you visit if in Nigata?

OR a different twist on the same sort of question: If you were buying koi for a friend's pond, which breeders or dealers would you choose from?

Comment

Theron,
                      River water is not used, no way!
                      Well or bore water is, from many hundreds of feet down but river water, no.
                      Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

andrews right its well water thats used and pumped in,

paul :wink:

Comment

I think the confusion comes in when Maeda says he has vast amounts of ground water from the river system. If you look around the area you see he has many mountains surrounding him. This creates a natural underground reservoir of hidded water from the rain, river and underground streams. All purified by the draining down through meters and meters of earth, gravel and stone. Here's a shot of the nearby passing river- Click to enlarge-enjoy. JR

Comment

Where have all the culls gone, long time passing.

Comment

Question for Mr Maeda

I understand when he was changing over to the new media and removed all his previous filter material and replaced with submerged bacteria house media, he also presser washed out the pond & filter bays

How did he go about introducing new filter bacteria and prevented new pond syndrome?

Thank you
                              Jenny

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X