No announcement yet.

World Record Tosai: 7 million yen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would doubt that a tosai would be purchased with the hope of winning a top Mature Koi Award at a All Japan show. Perhaps for the All Japan Young Koi Show. I agree that this tosai looks very nearly finished. Lots of reasons for the breeder to place this koi in a auction now. Fewer reasons to pay anything near this amount of money from what I can see in the photos. Must have been several well heeled bidders to drive up the price this high. I hope to see this same koi in a few more years to see if it merits the record bid.
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Comment

Congrats to Dainichi as well as the new owner. Both parties are winners. It's an amazing tosai! The pattern is exquisite on a very powerful body. From the photo and video, the shiroji quality seems questionable to me. The orangy tint on it's head, tail, and pectoral fins distracted me a little. I am guessing color enhancing food might be the culprit, but how do we know for sure?

Here are some nisai males that caught my eye.

Sunny

Comment

Amazing fish and it gives us an insight what we will see in years to come. May be some one could tell me what a heritage fish is so it can not be shipped out of Japan ?
        Regards
        Eugene

Comment

My dealer tried hard to win this showa, but I failed to give him the green light. Well, next auction then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A043_34cm_blue_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	233303

Comment

I keep the green card , my wife keep the red card, my dealer don't understand what i am try to saying .......was a failure bidding in my case ..hihihi j/k , let wait for the fall auctions !

Comment

Originally posted by NewKidInPond View Post
              I keep the green card , my wife keep the red card, my dealer don't understand what i am try to saying .......was a failure bidding in my case ..hihihi j/k , let wait for the fall auctions !
              Good for you to keep the green card NewKid.

There are few koi won by ZNA NorCal members. Come back here again to check them out....

--D

Comment

So what ever happened to this Tosai?

Comment

I never heard more.

My guess.... She grew nicely and is a fine koi, but has not developed with all pigments 'right' at the same time, so no big awards. She is now in her sixth year. Her owner is disappointed. Others visit and think she is beautiful.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X