World Nishigoi Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Nishigoi Summit

The summit is now no more, and while there was a feeling of disappointment that the All-Japan show wasn't held as planned, I beleive that most people felt that the Summit was a great success.

The seminars were mostly jam-packed, and there was great interest in the presentations given by Mr. Mordi Haimi and Dr. Moshe Kotler from Israel. It was a very encouraging thing to see the open cooperation and the acknowledgement that KHV is a worldwide problem that needs to be dealt with on a worldwide scale.

Breeders and hobbyists alike put their koi on display in vats containing only their own koi. The level was quite high, enough to make you wish there really was a show being conducted. Mr. Hayakawa brought his excellent sandan kohaku bred by Sakai FF to to put on display. A great gesture considering that it was lat year's grand champ, and this was only an exhibition. Hats off to Mr. Hayakawa for supporting the hobby in this way.

It seemed like attendance was down for last year for guests from abroad, but we did run into many people we know and see every year...especially from the States and the UK. Thanks to all who made the trip.

Pics to follow soon.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Hi Brian,

Can you confirm that there was no competition at all? Reports/rumours over here say that there was.

rgds BERN
    South East Koi Club

Comment

Bern,
      Jonathan and Big Al are just back and confirm there was no competition, they do concur with Brians view that the fish on display were of an appreciable standard and well worth the visit, so fair play to the organisers for at least pulling some cat out of the bag!
      Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Hi Andrew,

You're going to have to lend them your glasses, or better still confiscate their tickets and go yourself.

According to a Nichirin intercept there was a competition where four champions were chosen to represent the different sizes of koi entered in the show. Last years GC won the over 80cm class, and the other three sizes were all won by Kohakus too. Judging was done by the exhibitors via ballot.

I won't say anymore as I might spoil Brians scoop.

rgds Bern
        South East Koi Club

Comment

I agree Bern, I should go, in fact I am, just next Month! :lol:
          Perhaps the judging was the day they weren't there, if not, you're right, I'll have to issue glasses! :shock:
          Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the hiatus, as I made a diversion down to Okayama. Am back now, and will be uploading some pics soon.

Apologies again. Many things happened right after the summit to distract me!
            Brian Sousa
            Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

As promised, some pics from the summit.
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Brian - thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

Bern,
                  Some confusion with my info! Apologies.
                  Big Al now tells me there was a vote and as you arrived you were given a form for you to cast your votes on. However, it was all in Japanese and no one could help out with a translation. Big Al believes he may well have voted for the coffee machine! :lol: ops: :lol:
                  Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Was it the 50bu or 60bu coffee machine?

I think the soft drinks vending machine had the 70bu class sewn up!

rgds BERN
                    South East Koi Club

Comment

Brian: nice pics ... particularly the sanke. I appreciate your untouched-up photography. Now when I see those sanke in Rinko/Nichirin, I'll know they have a hint of flesh tone on their heads. By the way, do you recall whose sanke those are? I cannot imagine ever being so lucky as to see so many of that caliber placed together. I'd hover for hours.

Comment

hi brian,
                        thanks for the information posted on the sumit and the pictures, much appreciated to you for getting the info has it happens

paul

Comment

Andrew..... Thanks a lot...you just made me spit out my tea onto my keyboard ... LOL

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                          Working...
                          X