No announcement yet.

1 year olds home bred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you give us more details of what you spawned? I'll watch the videos to see your results. Age & Size ?

I've discovered how difficult it is to produce Koi of much Quality.

About 2 months ago me and a couple friends spawned a Female Sanke with a Male Sanke & Male Goshiki, Yes, What the Hell ! lol

We culled yesterday and are down to about 75 "Keepers". Sizes are all over the place, from an 1" to 3". We've moved them to an 8,000gal. Pond for the Fall/Winter period hoping to get more growth out of them.
    President : GLK&GS
    Officer : NMZNA
    Certified Judge : AKJA

Comment

Originally posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
      Can you give us more details of what you spawned? I'll watch the videos to see your results. Age & Size ? I've discovered how difficult it is to produce Koi of much Quality. About 2 months ago me and a couple friends spawned a Female Sanke with a Male Sanke & Male Goshiki, Yes, What the Hell ! lolWe culled yesterday and are down to about 75 "Keepers". Sizes are all over the place, from an 1" to 3". We've moved them to an 8,000gal. Pond for the Fall/Winter period hoping to get more growth out of them.
      females were doitsu sanke and showa and males were doitsu showa benikikokuryu and beni kumonryu also had another breeding by accident here is a video as well of a doisu ki usuri metalic this is 10 weeks old https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pACgZmoeqNw

Comment

Please keep us posted.

I'll see if I have any Pics. to post.

Comment

Originally posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
          Can you give us more details of what you spawned? I'll watch the videos to see your results. Age & Size ?
          I've discovered how difficult it is to produce Koi of much Quality.
          About 2 months ago me and a couple friends spawned a Female Sanke with a Male Sanke & Male Goshiki, Yes, What the Hell ! lol
          We culled yesterday and are down to about 75 "Keepers". Sizes are all over the place, from an 1" to 3". We've moved them to an 8,000gal. Pond for the Fall/Winter period hoping to get more growth out of them.

I have some ZNA member friends that enjoy the hobby of homebred Koi breeding.

They only produce gosanke. To see some of their results:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tatekoi

We recently had a club meeting at one of the home breeder's home.

I can upload some pictures if interested.

Comment

Do upload pics.... And, hope you can say something about their efforts.

Comment

culled a few more today

Comment

Comment

Thanks for Sharing

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X