Its part of koi care.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its part of koi care.

Koi, like most animals, can develop tumors. Our chagoi had one growing from under the operculum (gill plate). So today I knocked her out with a gracious plenty of oil of cloves, excised the tumor with a scalpel, cauterized with a swab with PP (had to be careful not to burn lamella), applied biobandage, gave her 1 cc Baytril 100 as a prophylactic, and brought her to consciousness. With luck she will be much better in the morning.

The joys of koi keeping never cease.
    Attached Files
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Kudos to you for undertaking to do this ..And, for the successful operation. Please update on her progress.

I admire those who make the effort to save a fish. I have never attempted any sort of surgery on a koi. I can't remove a splinter from my own finger without gouging myself.

Comment

She is swimming and eating with the rest. I just got some JPD food from Carl this weekend. I have mixed the Shori high protein with the Fujizakura health food and started everyone on that mixture. So far so good.
      Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
      Working...
      X