Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 year old home bred

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1 year old home bred

    https://youtu.be/cU8CbM1CONo

    https://youtu.be/22tITUV1CiA

    these are my keepers I homebred and raised for the last 6 months in 2500 gallons
  • #2

    Hey, Brian.

    The Doitsu Showa in the first video is one of the best you have produced. Definitely one many would like in their pond. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

    Comment

    • #3

      Originally posted by MikeM View Post
      Hey, Brian.

      The Doitsu Showa in the first video is one of the best you have produced. Definitely one many would like in their pond. You should be proud of your accomplishment.
      thanks it’s amazing how lucky I got on this , I bred 2 male doitsu and a beni kumonryu with my Hiroi female and this was the only one that looked like this, now I know why good koi are expensive

      Comment

      • #4

        Now that you mention using Beni Kumonryu, I see the tendency of the sumi toward a lateral orientation. Jos Alben at Yoshikigoi in Poland has used Beni Kumonryu in his Showa breeding. If I recall correctly, it started off as a wild-assed experiment, but there were offspring with better sumi than he was getting with 'pure' Showa. Although his metallics are what he is best known for, there are a lot of photos floating around of Showa he produced with impressive sumi.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by MikeM View Post
          Now that you mention using Beni Kumonryu, I see the tendency of the sumi toward a lateral orientation. Jos Alben at Yoshikigoi in Poland has used Beni Kumonryu in his Showa breeding. If I recall correctly, it started off as a wild-assed experiment, but there were offspring with better sumi than he was getting with 'pure' Showa. Although his metallics are what he is best known for, there are a lot of photos floating around of Showa he produced with impressive sumi.
          Here’s a link to a bunch of videos and pictures of my 1 and 2 year olds
          https://www.facebook.com/1119146254/...146254&sfns=mo

          Comment

          • #6

            The one you have grown in the initial video seems to be amazing and is the best one.

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by Skoptsy View Post
              The one you have grown in the initial video seems to be amazing and is the best one.
              Now 1.5 years old and 16 inches https://youtu.be/Yn4V-vFhe-Y https://youtu.be/XjEUP9cOvUI

              Comment

              • #8

                Looking good! ...Love her head.

                Comment

                All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                Working...
                X