Bekko what do you think comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bekko what do you think comments please

This Bekko is about 17 inches long and 4 -5 years old it has gin rin scales as well. I figure he is quite a nice fish only the second big bekko I have had. He has been used for breeding and in this cold climate the growth is slow. Your comments would be appreciated. His parentage is unknown other than from some Japanese breeder
    The perfect koi is always one purchase or spawning away!

He has a nice white head.

Most SHiro Bekko's heads are yellow as daffodils.

Comment

Wait. Someone is breeding for bekkos? Breed two of the best sankes you can find and you'll have more bekkos than you can stand....good one too.

Comment

Bekko

That's interesting about the sanke's I may try that some time as I have some nice sankes. His head was more yellow but it seems to be getting whiter as he gets older. His skin is very nice with the gin rin I suppose his black could be sharper. In these parts you don't see too many nice bekkos

Comment

Yep, and if you're culling to get a great bekko can i have the silly three colored fishies?

Comment

extra fish

in case Luke's pond isn't quite large enough i will split the responsibility and take half of the extra three color fishies
            " I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy "

Comment

youdont find many bekkos around, they seem to be getting rarer and rarer, it has a nice white head as already been mentioned, could do with a bit more sumi in places but neverless still a good bekko but not keen on sparkly koi my self :lol:

paul

Comment

Paul what do you think of the idea of crossing two good Sanki's to get bekkos? Yes the sumi could be darker. I used him a couple of times in spawnings with a all black female and don't see many bekkos coming out of that. The other male is a utsiri mono and the off spring have considerable orange in them. The orange didn't start to show up for a few months but now there is quite a bit in there.

Comment

hi sanke
                  dont know much about breeding side youd need to see breeders like maurice and other breeders that may have experiance on these matters.
                  i found a article in a magazine by kate mcgill all about bekkos which would be interesting for you as she goes on to say that shiro bekko and aka bekko arose spontaneously from taisho sanke spannings.
                  hope this helps

paul

Comment

Paul thanks for looking that up. That is interesting. I may get a chance to try that out. I have quite a few sankes the one female is doitsu and the males are scaled. I dit a doitsu and scaled cross this year and got some nasty looking scaled jobs out of that so I am rethinking any of those types of crosses in the future.

Comment

sanke56(the year of my parent's spawning resulting in me)
                      The upside to a sanke spawn to get bekkos is that you get to play with sanke fry. Most Sanke breeders toss out most of the bekkos. The reason....most people don't want to have or pay for a bekko. You'd have a double whammy by breeding Sankes. You'll get all the bekkos you'll want to play with and maybe get some quality sankes as a bonus.
                      Personally, both are yawners for me. Especially sankes, I don't get it, even when they tell me I am looking at a great one. It is my loss. Ya'll enjoy 'em all you want...

Comment

Paul: You have not visited a Florida koi farm or the koi tanks in U.S. aquarium shops. Gazillions of shiro bekkos. None of them of quality!

Luke: Wait until you devote yourself to those sanke tosai in the Southern Koi Ass'n project. The magic of sanke will infect you. (And, heat treatment is no cure for it. )

Comment

never visited florida up to press but if you want to send a ticket over ill come and visit them gladly with you :lol:
                          when you see a good quality bekko and if you like bekkos best grab it i say, me personally not my favorite koi i must admit.

paul 8)

Comment

Ooops, I didn't really want that to slip out but I've been thinking about it since HenryC brought up the whole Endeavor. I will either learn to appreciate them or laugh at my folly. Watch I'll get the best two in the blind draw and end up winning a major show and will still shake my head that I have "those things" in my care.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X