Some pics of the fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of the fry

Pics taken today of the fry.They will be three months old on the 3rd March.Most measure about 6 to 8 inches already.Not kidding.
    The pics do not show them well since they are very wild and only come up to scoop a pellet before diving again.There are about 250 in this mudpond.The pellets fed is 7mm and gives an idea of their size.
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

Jaco: Either the water hyacinth in that 1st photo is a dwarf or that koi is a lot more than 6 inches.

In the second pic, what is the gray-looking fish in the middle? I see hint of orange. Is that an asagi you're growing?

Look like healthy, happy & hungry babies.

Comment

Mike,
      The fish you see is an Utsuri with very little black showing at this stage and the big fish is one of the female breeding koi living with the babies.
      The way I posted it could be a bit confusing sorry.I included the pic of my main pond.See how dull it looks without the Go - Sanke.
      Most females resides in the mudpond now.
      Jaco
      Jaco Vorster
      South Africa

Comment

I can see you are having fun with the mud pond. What has been your biggest challenge so far?

Comment

Hey Jaco

When you are ready to harvest there are a couple of English guys with a load of experience :wink: :wink:

Mark
          Mark Gardner

Comment

Mike no challenges so far.This must be the easiest way to keep koi and they improve within days from being moved from the concrete to the mudpond. The white become snow and the reds become the way the Jaopanese intended it to.The only problem is fish that used to feed from the hand become as wild as the wildest male in your pond,almost instantly after being placed in the mudpond. Best thing I ever did for the koi. :lol:

Mark you and Andrew are more than welcome to come over October to help with the netting and sorting but dont expect the same courtecy car over here or the same quality koi. :wink: :wink:
            Jaco Vorster
            South Africa

Comment

little kois

Greetings from Hungary to all koikeepers of the world!

I'm a hungarian traffic policist,and my leisure is the koi keeping.
              I have a small lake in my garden (cca. 6 m3) and I have only 6 kois only.
              This year I hope they will make a lot of little kois! (รท
              I love them!
              If you have some godd photos and ideas about the koi-s love, send it to my e-mail adress please!
              Thank you very much, and have a great time with kois!

Comment

Good work Jaco

Hi Jaco
                Some nice work. I am hoping to include your account of the mud pond in the May issue of KOISA.
                Looking forward to harvest time.
                Beste wense

Comment

Thanks Jim,

That would be great.
                  Nice to have another South African here.
                  Jaco
                  Jaco Vorster
                  South Africa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X