No announcement yet.

Sacramento Koi Show Live in 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS to the CamelliaKoi Club for hosting such a wonderful show, Yes, all members of the club deserve a great hand for putting on a great show. I, We had a wonderful time, I would say it is one of the most enjoyable koi show I have had attended. HMM Couldn't wait for Joe to post all the rest of the pictures. I think i got one of the better picture of my BC to post up. Thanks to all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Akinosan, Did you drop your cake?
      Attached Files
      “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

Akino, you didn't know but she was studing the situation for the plot against ya, hiding behind you watching your every move.
        Attached Files
        “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

Man, it sounds like I missed a daggone good time!!!

Livin' in daggone Kentucky too daggone far away from daggone kick butt koi shows with daggone Koi(-)Unit eating daggone cakes and winnin' daggone trophies while I'm teachin' some daggone kids how to write daggone poetry......(kicking some stuff around, flailing my arms, pouting, stomping)

daggone it.

Jen

Comment

Originally posted by mulberryjen
            Man, it sounds like I missed a daggone good time!!!
            That's a understatement

Chris~

Comment

Originally posted by woodyaht
              That's a understatement
              Shoot - had big fun with small contingency of the Unit at MAKC.....so I KNOW it must have been a blow out with the guys (and gals) in full force!

daggone it

Comment

I would like to congratulate the Camellia Koi Club for putting on an outstanding Koi Show again this year. I hope this will continue for some time to come. I think we will have to find a new location to drink every year.
                Many thanks to Jerry Kyle and Garry Chin for all the hard work and for making all of the vendors lives a little bit easier. Jim Phillips needs a huge round of thanks for his water quality expertise, as without it, the Koi would not be happy. Not only does Jim do the water quality, he set up tanks, clean tanks and put them away, he helps the vendors with tanks. That is awesome considering this man is coming off of a broken back. Thank You Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you as well to all of the club members who support us and the other vendors, it is always a pleasure coming to your shows.
                Frank and Nancy M. it was nice meeting you, we will see you in November. Do you have a bar that you would like to be thrown out of?

Russ

Comment

MJ, u missed it... and Missed u and Mike I think we all lost our voices.. Took the party outside and the locked us out. The beer was flowing and the cake wasa flying.. The show hospitality was so good it never felt uncomfortable.. I think we can bring this down to Koi-Kichi show.

I had a blast and it was just what I needed after a 5 hour drive in traffic. I think the Unit showed how much we Love Garry Chin.. Garry asks and the Unit doesn't hesitate to give him a hand and show some koi..

Also Rob(koinut) is a helluva guy...I met Rob for the first time and he said he he felt as he knew me for a long time.. Cool guy and hella generous. props to You Rob....

Joe
                  It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

I'll second your props on Rob. He a very down to earth mellow guy.

Frannie even mentioned over and over what great guys Rob and Kevin were!

Chris~

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                      MJ, u missed it... and Missed u and Mike I think we all lost our voices.. Took the party outside and the locked us out. The beer was flowing and the cake wasa flying.. The show hospitality was so good it never felt uncomfortable.. I think we can bring this down to Koi-Kichi show.

I had a blast and it was just what I needed after a 5 hour drive in traffic. I think the Unit showed how much we Love Garry Chin.. Garry asks and the Unit doesn't hesitate to give him a hand and show some koi..

Also Rob(koinut) is a helluva guy...I met Rob for the first time and he said he he felt as he knew me for a long time.. Cool guy and hella generous. props to You Rob....

Joe
                      The fun and friendship multiplies the enjoyment a thousandfold at least. Glad that it turned out so well. It is so much fun to meet more cool, koi-kichi folks, keep the faith alive and all that good stuff. Plus more laughing, more joking, more fun, more people to split the tab........sounds like a great time had by all. Gotta get Mike to build up his stamina by April so he can hang with the big dawgs - you know how grouchy he gets past his bedtime, Eastern Standard Time and all that.

Comment

Reading through this again, I'm reminded of who provided lunches and refreshments for the show: Koi Enterprise, another one of our wonderful local dealers. Anthony Quintero's mom, if I recall correctly, catered the outstanding Saturday spread and then took a break and provided build your own sandwich materials for Sunday.

Mmmm... Saturday's lunch...

In addition some of our own members, the Alarids, brought in many bags of ice and refreshments throughout the weekend.

For the club it was great to have so many of the Bay Area dealers and Sacramento dealers sponsor so many parts of the show. Kevin from Genki hooked us up with the big trophies (look for the business card of the trophy provider in your show packets) and Mamason Koi sponsored almost all of the rest of the trophies.

And Rob with Majestic Koi took care of the Saturday night pizza and beer bill. Well... before the UNIT went to another place, I think.

Good times! Looking forward to next year!

Comment

How about posting a little bit background of all winning koi? such as

1) how old
                          2) breader
                          3) is it your favorite koi etc...
                          4) any thing alse about the winning koi.....

Before posting those info, Jason, would you please post the completed list of the winning kois? such as first in class, friendship, Judges, AKCA awards....

Regards,
                          --Dinh

Comment

The biggest surprise at the MAKC show was A-Z ponds cracking a couple of kegs for the people walking around the show.....that was sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by dinh
                              How about posting a little bit background of all winning koi? such as

1) how old
                              2) breader
                              3) is it your favorite koi etc...
                              4) any thing alse about the winning koi.....

Before posting those info, Jason, would you please post the completed list of the winning kois? such as first in class, friendship, Judges, AKCA awards....

Regards,
                              --Dinh
                              Kinda hard, but this what I remember.
                              GC- was an Ogawa Sanke 6 years old.
                              RGC- was a Ogata Shiro Utsuri 5 years old.
                              Mature - was a Sakai or Momotaro Kohak ? years old.
                              Adult - was a Kohak from Iwashita ? years old.
                              Young - was a Sakuma Jumbo Tosai
                              Baby - was Ogata Tosai
                              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

GC David Tran

RGC Deborah and Steve Weise

Mature Champ (Carolyn Swanson)

Adult Champ Frank Morales (FrankM)

Young Champ Dinh Nguyen (dinh)

Baby GC Brian Nguyen (BNkoi)

Champ Longfin Deborah and Steve Wiese

Best in size

1 Kohak Chris Guila ( cocoboy)

2 Kohak Chris Guila ( Cocoboy)

3 Kohak Jeff Dunkel (Dunkel)

4 Tancho David Tran

5 Kohak Frank Morales

6 Gin rin showa Frank Morales

7 Showa Carolyn Swanson

8 Sean Tsuei

Friendship awards

Judges Awards Tancho size 2 Aquitori

NW Koi and Goldfish Doitsu B Carolyn Swanson

Best eye Koromo Ellen and Kirk Evans

Koi Kichi Friendsship Showa Size 3 Rueben Akino (Akinosan)

Best tategoi Tancho Carolyn Swanson

SAKA Frienship Asagi Size 1 Reuben Akino

SFBAKC Friendship Showa Size 8 Sean Tsuei
                                It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                                Working...
                                X