Momotaro food.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momotaro food.

Has anyone tried the Momotaro "White Food" or the "Color Food", I was thinking of trying it out. Just need some opinions on it.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

its quite tasty actualy, might be best served with beer, or maybe cold sake.

I visited Momotaro just a few weeks ago. Daisuke was showing me arround and he mentioned thier food usese humad food grade fish meal, and was very safe to eat, so after he went first i munched a pellet.

My first bag won't arrive till next week i think, so i don't know how the fish will take to it yet, but i expect good results.

Soon i will find some time to writer a longer note about my great trip down to Kyushu, stopping in Okayama on the way.

Comment

I'm surprised. :roll: I thought this thread was going to be some what more alive with people who are using Momotaro's food? Or at least can give some kind of input!

Col

Comment

The stuff isn't widely available in my part of the US. I can't tell you where one would get it in the US.

So that might be one reason for the lack of response.

I recall at least one article in KB where a pond owner, a Grand Champion owner, talked about using the Momotaro food with his Momotaro Kohaku.

Comment

I heard Momotaro Food is pretty much band in the USA. I guess FDA wont let it come in. So if I go to Momotaro this Sept will I be able to bring some in from Japan if I proclaim it for personnal use?

Comment

Why have they banned it?
            Regards

Gazza

Comment

It might not be "banned" as such. More likely the government is demanding a detailed analysis and a periodic set of controls on the end product and ingredients that make it un profitable to export the stuff to tyhe US. Basicly... It might not be worth the hassle.
              B.Scott
              Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

USDA is cracking down on all imported koi food unless they pass USDA inspection for mad cow disease and have their certification. So, you will probably have a hard time with all imported brands. That is why so many of the web sites show to be sold out of stuff, such as Hi Silk.

Comment

Hi Philip,

Originally posted by philip
                  USDA is cracking down on all imported koi food unless they pass USDA inspection for mad cow disease and have their certification. So, you will probably have a hard time with all imported brands. That is why so many of the web sites show to be sold out of stuff, such as Hi Silk.
                  That's really rich considering that the FDA hasn't made testing of all cows mandatory, and have even interfered with some beef producers carrying out voluntary tests on all of their cattle. :roll:

Do you know if this pertains to feeds that contain animal contest Philip? What are folks using to feed with now?
                  Brian Sousa
                  Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Interesting.
                    Now tell me, how much beef is contained in silk worm and koi feed that would make it nessesary to test it for Bovine Spongy-form Encephalopathy? :?
                    B.Scott
                    Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

using momotaro food

hi everyone

Tewa here, momotaro dealer in aussie, received my shipment of all season momotaro koi food (hi growth plus spirulina). the packaging is great, aluminium bags that can be resealed to be airtight and sealed with nitrogen to ensure freshness. The food smells great. have been feeding it to my kois all the way down to 11 degrees no problems with indigestion. The waste that comes out is very soft and flaky if the water is disturbed it easily breaks apart. The fish are very hungry for it to the point of literally fighting, this could be a combination of soft water and bacteria house just added around the same time. I guess the flaky nature of the waste will ensure that they don't settle in the pipes on the way to the showers. I carried out ann experiment using the same weight of food of a different brand that I previously was feeding and was informed it was of good quality for one day than on another day i used the momotaro food. Besides the obvious difference in colour there was more visible waste that was rather solid in nature in comparison to the momotaro food. I was told by daisuke that the new all season food was great for hobbyist because the amount of spirulina ensured colour development without effecting the shiroji of the skin, great for hobbyist who want to show koi.

tewa
                      There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
                      http://www.tewakoi.com

Comment

I heard that Momotaro food contains alot of chicken meal, is it true? There alot of good reviews for the food, so does the USDA and FDA think we are goin to eat the koi after we feed it such high protein food.

Comment

Also, I figure that if the USDA or FDA can't make some money off these products they just band it.

Comment

Aquitori

Yes I've used it, not extensively nor exhaustively, but 4kg of whiteground which lasted 8 days which at a retail cost of £56 i couldn't really sustain as continued use.

Main observation really was that there was very very little waste product created and what there was was very fine. This compared with Medicarp and Nobori which i'm now mixing 50/50.

The fish took it quite readily, but they'll take anything with considerable relish anyway.

I'd like to conduct a more extensive trial and may well do so when i have less fish and less food requirement thus keeping the financial outlay reasonable.

Mark
                            Mark Gardner

Comment

The problem I had with Yokozuna and Medicarp was the waste and the secondary hi it produced on my Shiros....Now I am using Hi-Silk and it is cleaning up the secondary hi on my Shiro, almost gone...But, my only worries are that If Momotaro can be band what about Hi-Silk.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X