just curious, if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just curious, if....

Anyone in the world has seen an asagi used on a club pin or show pin. I'm not a collector but do like Asagi's and thought would like to find one if they're out there. Also anyone ever seen a "T" shirt with an asagi on it
    for sale?
    Dick Benbow

I think that you will find what you are looking for at the following web page.

http://overzone.com/cgi-bin/storefront.asp?StoreID=1

Comment

I've got a Central California Koi Society Fresno pin with an asagi as the fish. The 2003 (MMIII) edition.

Comment

Thanks Theron, I checked it out and it certainly isn't out of line $$$ wise.

Jason, any idea on how or who I should contact to get one?

thanks guys!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

I suspect they still have them. I was just a visitor to the koi show in 2002 and my wife picked up pins for 2000-2002 because of the pretty fish.

I just took another look at them -- it was the 2002 koi show pin, not the 2003.

Try emailing the contact person for the AKCA club (Janet Vulkovich, jvuk at attbi.com): http://www.akca.org/clubs/clubmap.htm#California

Comment

Jason, thanks for all your help. just wrote her a line.
            Dick Benbow

Comment

For sure Dick.
              One of the BKKS show pins and I believe this year the South East (UK) section are.
              See www.koipin.com for details and I would think others.
              Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Hi Dick.

The reticulation on an Asagi defeats most pin designers and manufacturers.

However, there are a few notable exceptions.

1. The 2002 Central California Koi Society show pin.

2. As Andrew said, the 2004 South East UK pin.

The BKKS tried to make one for its 1997 show pin, but it wasn't good enough so we resorted to the Shusui. But there were 4 Asagi pins made. You can see it on www.koipin.com

Because of the complexity most clubs resorted to depicting the Shusui when making a pin to represnet Asagi/Shusui class.

But nowadays the pin manufacturing processes are more advanced and there are methods available that can convey this amount of small detail, so hopefully this situation will not continue.

rgds BERN
                South East Koi Club

Comment

One more thing.

The South East Show shirts will depict Asagi this year.

rgds BERN
                  South East Koi Club

Comment

Andrew, Bern!

Thank you both for the information! When you ask for help on this board you lterally get A WORLD of help! I will ask a koifanatic friend of mine in the uk if he'll do some looking for me. thanks again guys!
                    Dick Benbow

Comment

I went to the Major Aussie Club koi site at work today and they had yearly pins...at east one was an asagi. Damn good looking pins too..and $5.50

Comment

Thanks Luke! It's good to know that around this world there are a few
                        people who think highly of those asagi!
                        Dick Benbow

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                        Working...
                        X