No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi every body,
    I'm a new koi hobbyist. Hope I am welcomed in this forum.
    thanks
    CK
    :P

Hi CK!

Welcome.. Hope you enjoy the great info here.

Best regards,

Bob Winkler
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Hi every body,
      I'm a new hobbyist too. Actually, I'm a bro of ChampionKohaku and so i'm a TategoiKohaku. I hope I'm welcomed too.
      thanks
      TK
      :roll:

Comment

Hi Bob.
        Thank you. I hope my little bro and I can learn great info from you folks.
        regards,
        CK
        :P

Comment

Welcome to you both.....
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Welcome Brothers!

my favorite movie is the blue's brothers!

now that your welcomed officially you'll have to tell us alittle bit of your background, how you got into this crazy hobby and about your ponds!

Sounds like your kohaku fans, but i live in hope that we'll gain another Asagi Fan!

regards
            Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi @all,

I'm just another new member.

My name is Nico and I'm from Germany. A small Village 50km in the north of Frankfurt.

I read a lot in this forum and now I decided to register me.

My English isn't perfect, but I hope you guys will understand me....

I'm koi-fan for 3 years.

I have a 32000 L pond, this are appr. 8400 gal.

Here are some of my koi.

This is my biggest koi in the pond. I bought it from a friend. She's about 24 Inch. 6 Years

My 17 Inch favorit koi. He's from Sakai. 3 Years

13 Inch. From Sakai, too. 3 Years

14 Inch. From Watanabe. 2 Years

Greetz Nico
              www.lordicon.de

Comment

Great to hear from people who read this board. I am always interested in how koi are kept in other countries. It helps me to better understand things when different perspectives are brought to bear on an issue. We have had posts in just the last few days from people in Spain, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa, U.K. ... and several other countries. There truly is an international friendship built on nishikigoi.

Comment

Kohaku brothers and Nico,

Welcome to the Divine Madness of koi keeping! :lol:

If you are not already members of a local koi club, please consider finding and joining one. The practical advice of people in your own area is very valuable. I know they will be very glad to have your join.

MCA
                  Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

Hi Dick,
                    I just want to clarify with you folk that in the previous email I said that I'm a new hobbyist. What I meant is I'm a new member of the room not a novice hobbyist.
                    You are rite. I'm Kohaku fans since l live with the phrase "The appreciation of koi is said to begin and end with kohaku".
                    TK

Comment

I think what's so fascinating about this board is the draw it has from around the world! One of our newest memebrs is from Germany!
                      That pleases me to no end! I know a few phrases in german but I'm always IMPRESSED that someone else in this world can speak their lanquage and english as well! Don't apologise ever about your abilities!
                      Wow, I'm impressed! As for your koi, I like your yamabuki! She's probably the friendliest right? I would like to know what your water is like there in your part of the world? High PH, Low , hardness etc? I see your a Sakai fan,
                      is that Hiroshima or Isawa?
                      As to our Kohaku lover, tell us please where you are from and alittle bit about your favorite koi. Lots of breeders breed kohaku. mine is from Hasegawa in ojiya. I picked him out in hasegawa-san's pond next to his house. was wall to wall nisai. you'd see a koi that caught your eye for a second and reach for the net and it was gone! blended in with hundreds of others. I spent about an hr there trying to find one with quality and a pattern. it was either one or the other.
                      Most of my friends on this board tolerate me cause they know my favorite saying is " Koi keeping began with ASAGI, and ends with it!"
                      I kinda made it up ....
                      Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi Kohaku Brothers and Nico.

Nice friendly board this one and getting more international as the days go by. Hope you'll join in some of the debates, especially with your experiences - we can all learn from each other.
                        Regards, Bob
                        ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
                        <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

Hi Dick,
                          Yeah, let me tell u guy a little bit about my background. I'm from Florida, and I've been in this hobby for 5 years. My first pond was about 500gal and I had couple UPF in it. Later on, I think my koi needs a better home so I expanded to a 2000gal pond. The most expensive koi that I purchased at that time was about $300. And it was the first Japanese Koi I ever had. I never thought about collecting high dollar show quality fish until I talked to a local dealer and he invited me to show my fish at his local show. He explained to me how the show regulations and so on, and I was so impressed on showing fish. Luckily, I had about 6 months before the show to collect good fish for the show. I was surfing on the internet for US koi dealers and viewed hundreds of unusual and high quality fish on the dealers' websites. I finally found a stunning kohaku of Eldon-Koi. She was only 14in and bred by Maruyama. Her quality,body confirmation, and unusual pattern mesmorized me. However, the price of her was incredibly high. After days and days I spent time to negotiate with Eldon, he agreed to sell her with $4000. Like I mentioned before, I never thought about spending so much money for collecting koi. I changed my attitude since then. Then, it came to the show, and she grew a bout 3in more at my pond. And guess what??? She won a GC at Water Garden World Young Koi show. After that, I have heard about AFKAPS and was very fascinated with the show. From then, I continue to collect high dollar show quality fish with the support of my bro (ChampionKohaku). Now, I had professional pond guys to reconstruct my pond for my show quality fish. The pond is about 9000gal.
                          That's why I get into the hobby like crazy.

TK

Here is the Mayurama Kohaku

Comment

What a great story! And one that many on here can relate to. The koi bug bites one in a big way sometimes. :shock:
                            Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Well, Khanh, that photo gave you away!

Now all will want to know what you are doing with your pond and your experience with Bakki Showers.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X