Waddy in hospice care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waddy in hospice care

I read in another parish that Peter Waddington is now in hospice type care. May God be with him and his family.

Peter is the Godfather of western koi keeping. The hobby owes him a debt of thanks. Those that may have not read Peter's books "Koi Kichi" and "Koi 2 Kichi" should consider doing so.
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I ran into Waddy quite a few times in Japan, the UK and the continent and he was an interesting and colorful character. Still remembering ordering his first book shortly after I first took up residence in Japan and waiting for it to arrive. He can definitely be credited with bringing koi into focus in the west and mesmerizing us all with tales of the mountain men that bred koi in far away Niigata.

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family and a note of thanks for all he did for the hobby. May the transition be easy and peaceful on this living koi legend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Waddy.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	269175

Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Miyabi Koi Farm[/B]

Comment

It is reported that he has passed. I met him at BKKS in 2004. So full of enthusiasm. In so many ways, the pied piper who brought koi to the West. RIP.

Comment

This is sad news indeed. I met him in the UK at the National Show, in the Netherlands, and also a number of times in Japan. Waddy was definitely a trailblazer in the koi world and we owe him a debt of gratitude. Condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace, Waddy.
        Brian Sousa
        Koi-Bito Forum

Miyabi Koi Farm[/B]

Comment

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Waddington family. Peter's knowledge and guidance on EVERYTHING Nishikigoi is nothing short of ICONIC. I hate that we all must get old. His legacy will continue to live on in his works and in all you good people. We will all meet again. But, not yet

KOI KICHI FOREVER!

My Aloha to All!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
          Working...
          X