String algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String algae

Hey guys first post on these forums, and i was looking to get some opinions on my situation. I upgraded my koi pond last summer. The pond is 16’x16’x3’ deep. Last year the pond had a lot of string algae. Last year i only had a bottom drain to a Cetus sieve as filtration. This was because it wasn’t until the end of the season i finished most of the construction, and did not want to spend money on a filter that i was going to have to disassemble in a couple weeks. So fast forward to now… the pond has the 4” bottom drain running to the Cetus sieve. This now gets pumped to a seaside aquatics Bakki shower with actual BHM media from momotaro. It’s been running with this setup for roughly 2 weeks. String algae is now starting to form. The pond only has two 20” adult koi, and four 8” koi. I have been doing 20% water changes weekly, and feeding sparingly. Is there anything anyone would suggest to help my situation? Or should i just let it ride?

*the picture is from last summer when i finished the build.*
    Attached Files

Hello and welcome to the forum. Two weeks really isn't long enough to allow that media to cycle through, and the system will probably be "mature" towards the end of summer. Keep up with the water changes and check on your phosphate levels.

Nice looking pond, by the way!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi Bito Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Hello and welcome to the forum. Two weeks really isn't long enough to allow that media to cycle through, and the system will probably be "mature" towards the end of summer. Keep up with the water changes and check on your phosphate levels.

Nice looking pond, by the way!
      thank you! Yeah only time will tell!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
      Working...
      X