Hariwake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hariwake

Due to hiccups with the phone connection, I’m still able to post for another day. I’ve had to pop back and make a few phone calls, as my mobile bill is getting silly!!

Last 2 days culling hariwake and my heart rate went up when I saw this one in the culling net.
    I thought this would make a good show koi in the smaller sizes, but sadly the lustre does not stretch down onto the face, so no go and not No-Gyo-Sai.
    Shame. I think the lustre is fixed at this age, but I’m sure Brady or Brett will put me right.

The black speck is in the water.
    Maurice.
    http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Maurice, what size/age is the Hariwake? I assume all the others are showing glistening heads at this point.

Comment

The skin on the head is the thickest and takes the longest to set. to get that opaque skin. It's just a matter of time and good water.

with my baby asagi's you should see the foreheads. all cloudy and grayish blue. just the noses are white. It takes another full year before you begin to realize that hey! they are turning white!

guard that little guy with your life!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Nice little fish would be interesting to see how it turns out and good luck.

Gazza
        Regards

Gazza

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
        Working...
        X