Heron!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heron!!!

Found this guy around the ponds again this afternoon. Have to assess what happened. I do have netting but whenever it comes around, the fish get spooked and sometimes hurt themselves. It has cleaned out my pond twice before. Then I put up netting.
    Attached Files

it cleans out ponds....How do i attract one!

Comment

We have one in the neighborhood too. My neighbor lost all his gold fish. I have one fish with a strange sore. Once they find you...
      Full Time Koi NUT
      SoCal beats NorCal KOI UNIT
      Mark W
      CKHPA

Comment

Been there done that. I can't stand those little @#[email protected]%!!

Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

I remember my dog killed one...kinda of interesting mess...i would have to say it was a red heron instead of blue..
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Heron is protected bird in CA as well as many other states. I was told that it is NOT protected in some states. Is that correct?

Oh, that is a Blue Heron Tony.

--Dinh

Comment

I like to do what I call SIGHT SEEING!
              Attached Files
              Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Comment

I lost a few fish to the blue heron in the past. I have been using the scarecrow. A motion activated sprinkler. It has worked great...I definitely recommend it!!!
                sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by cocoyboy
                  I like to do what I call SIGHT SEEING!
                  Not in California dude...

Comment

Let me try it again, just sight seeing nature!
                    Attached Files

Comment

"Sight seeing" is also not legal dude....

Comment

They are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act in all of North America. Besides that, they have mystical powers.

-stevehop

Comment

Originally posted by bekko
                          They are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act in all of North America. Besides that, they have mystical powers.

-stevehop
                          They may be protected against the Bird treaty, but they are not protected against a 9mil.. Years ago we lost some in our small 2000 gallon pond, but after one of them and me had a one on one discussion, we never had a problem again, I don't think they like the Female Rambo...

Comment

Dude better off putting lattice over it with a 2x2 frame. It's like jail for the koi but safe? Or maybe a low overhang to keep them out of sight? How deep is your pond UC? Or maybe I'll send you a picture of me poster size to scare the damn thing out of it's mind.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brutuscz
                              I lost a few fish to the blue heron in the past. I have been using the scarecrow. A motion activated sprinkler. It has worked great...I definitely recommend it!!!
                              Motion activated sprinkler did not work for me... It scared them for first few times, but seems like they finally figured it out and came back as normal...
                              I used fishing line and seems like it works for me.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X