Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

showa or sanke?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • showa or sanke?

    hey guys, i just purchased this 4-6" koi bred by sakai hiroshima. the seller thinks it's a sanke but there is some signs of sumi on the head. this picture was taken a few weeks ago, right now the fish has grown and there is a little more black on one of the fins but not at the base yet.

    i know it's hard to predict now but i would like to know what you guys think, sanke or showa?
    thanks.
    Attached Files
  • #2

    Pretty interesting Sanke....yes it is Sanke!!! Well, it will be interesting to see how it develops in the coming growing season.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

    Comment

    • #3

      i agree, its development will be interesting, especially the sumi at the head. the hi pattern was what attracted me to the koi.

      Comment

      • #4

        I may be wrong but I thought what makes it a sanke would be the base color. I know its sometimes difficult to tell what the base color is & what are the additional colors but in this case i would say sanke for sure.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by maryland_ponder
          I may be wrong but I thought what makes it a sanke would be the base color. I know its sometimes difficult to tell what the base color is & what are the additional colors but in this case i would say sanke for sure.
          The development of the sumi says Sanke all the way. You focus on the sumi first on something this young.
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

          Comment

          • #6

            Thanks AQ!




            Originally posted by aquitori
            The development of the sumi says Sanke all the way. You focus on the sumi first on something this young.

            Comment

            • #7

              this one looks like sanke. some Sanke does have some sum lines on the pec. fins. it's normal. I might heard it wrong but I was told that showa would have some sumi on/behind the gills area.

              Steve

              Originally posted by reptar15
              hey guys, i just purchased this 4-6" koi bred by sakai hiroshima. the seller thinks it's a sanke but there is some signs of sumi on the head. this picture was taken a few weeks ago, right now the fish has grown and there is a little more black on one of the fins but not at the base yet.

              i know it's hard to predict now but i would like to know what you guys think, sanke or showa?
              thanks.

              Comment

              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
              Working...
              X