Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pics of new purchases or summer projects for the pond...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pics of new purchases or summer projects for the pond...

Any pics of new purchases or summer projects for the pond...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Warning: not wildly impressive.....more like cute.

OK, Tony, I'll bite.

I picked up a new Sakuma tosai kohaku from Mike of Southwest Koi & Goldfish at the show.....hey, I gotta get my birthday koi! (Now I have to evict a few others to make room.)

She (?) is a just a little squirt at about 6" with a very simple pattern, but I liked her quality in person. Darting around in the Q-tank as we speak.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some that will be nisai some day. A too-finished Sanke that is probably male, but since "satisfaction is insured", I could not pass up the lottery ticket. Another Sanke that has more future potential. And, a Kohaku that I found appealing despite the pattern being a bit unbalanced. We'll see what I've got when they are harvested. I'm really looking forward to New Jersey in October.
      Last edited by MikeM; 09-09-2006, 08:17 PM. Reason: remove photos to re-post elsewhere

Comment

Here what I just got done building a couple weeks ago. It's 1500 gal.

Thanks Steve

Comment

Welcome to Koi-bito Bigred! I really like how you walled off your pond.
          Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

There WILL be.....

When my new digital camera (5mp with macro and other bells and whistles ), I'm going to have plenty to share, including but not limited to new finfolk and the new 3300 gallon pond that is now filled with water, awaiting my magical feather rock shower to be installed, er, created.

Yep, when the old Mavica's hard drive bit the big weenie while I was trying to take pics of koi eyeballs to show you guys, I chucked the thing for junk and made an ebay purchase for sumpin' far better but by no means a state of the art digital SLR (which I covet but cannot afford just yet). But it beats what I had....

Marie
            Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
            paints his own nature into his pictures."
            --Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

I want to see mroe pics of those tosai going in the muds from new jersey. I think that before and after photos will be really cool for teaching and learning real life. Posting photos now will stop those who dont put after photos due to slight embarrassment from not posting them, so we can see the good the bad and the ugly and learn on the way.
              'Sometimes it take a talking donkey to turn things around in the right direction, ask Balaam."

Comment

Originally posted by bigred
                Here what I just got done building a couple weeks ago. It's 1500 gal.

Nice pond and welcome to the board..my sister lives out in Los Banos...what part of LB do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by mulberryjen
                  OK, Tony, I'll bite.

I picked up a new Sakuma tosai kohaku from Mike of Southwest Koi & Goldfish at the show.....hey, I gotta get my birthday koi! (Now I have to evict a few others to make room.)

She (?) is a just a little squirt at about 6" with a very simple pattern, but I liked her quality in person. Darting around in the Q-tank as we speak.
                  Nice Kohak...I am still searching for a nice Sanke for you, but dont worry the self-proclaimed Sanke expert is on the lookout...

Comment

Here is a kohaku from Suda that I got a few weeks ago. Pic took before it went into the Q-tank. In those three weeks it has improved a lot! The pattern edges have tightened up, color a lot better and body has thickened too. I plan on taking more pics before it goes in the pond.
                    And here is a project almost done, whew!
                    Added another pic of the waterfall?
                    Attached Files
                    Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Comment

Went Koi hunting last week and found this Kohak for $75 bucks at one of the dealers...10" tosai...Was thinking of buying it....Dunno...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                        Went Koi hunting last week and found this Kohak for $75 bucks at one of the dealers...10" tosai...Was thinking of buying it....Dunno...

Very appealing pattern. When I study that photo the maruzome kiwa seems very pronounced - how do you know when/if that is an "OK thing" or a "not OK thing"?
                        (In the picture it almost looks like at the rear edge of the 1st step to the left of the dorsal the beni could be breaking up .....but what the heck do I know!!) Shoot, for $75, I'd buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                          Nice Kohak...I am still searching for a nice Sanke for you, but dont worry the self-proclaimed Sanke expert is on the lookout...

Heheheh....find me a heavily discounted $$$ version of Sanke #1 at the Matsunosuke auction website and I'll be happy. I like the big red "S" for "Super Sanke". ( I swear if I could keep the credit card bill hidden from Mikey I'd buy that baby. Some women splurge on shoes, but I want fish - I need help.)

Comment

Dang, I'm looking for the card as we speak. Rose left me with ATM so she can track my spending. I look at some of my shoes after I buy a fish, and tell myself I could of bought a few pairs of new shoes! Then it's OH WELL..........

I'm sure Tonio will find you something nice, I'm looking for a Sanke too!

Originally posted by mulberryjen
                            Heheheh....find me a heavily discounted $$$ version of Sanke #1 at the Matsunosuke auction website and I'll be happy. I like the big red "S" for "Super Sanke". ( I swear if I could keep the credit card bill hidden from Mikey I'd buy that baby. Some women splurge on shoes, but I want fish - I need help.)
                            Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Comment

Ok, I'll bite too. Mine is a pond rebuild. From a little over 8,000 gl's to about 16,000. 15 x 35 x 4 1/2, possbily 5 deep or more. I left myself room to "play" above ground.

Semi-formal, insteead of brick I will be useing a stacked rock look block's for the facing of the above ground as well as a retaining wall. Patio and and Pergola.

Who knows what I may come home with when I go to the show up in Portland though!

My idea of the finish work:
                              Attached Files
                              ~Kathy

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X