Bakki showered ponds around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakki showered ponds around the world

To those of you who are interested I have been collecting appraisals of bakki showered ponds all over the world and finally have been able to update them. There are now ponds from malaysia, indonesia and US. Soon our own tewa koi pond will be added. Here is the link

http://www.tewakoi.com/BakkiShowersCountryIndex.htm

If anyone would like to have their bakki showered pond added please email me at [email protected]

please send a description of the pond such as
    depth
    volume
    turnover rate
    amount of bacteria house used
    indoor or outdoor
    whether you have low or high tds water
    number of kois in the pond

and photos of the pond and showers.
    There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
    http://www.tewakoi.com

Hello,tewa
    i noticed my shower on your website,i have removed all my other filtration just running two showers on aoverstocked 5000 g pond,

Comment

hi craig when you say you have removed the old filtration does that mean no settlement now ?

rick

Comment

Hello,rick
        yes there is no settlment,but i do have a fibreglass filter connected to bottom drain but the water is pumped so fast nothing settles,i have been running it for 15 months with no u.v and it has'nt gone green no blanket weed ,it has been running on just bakki showers since febuary water is clear all the time 120 kilos deals with4kg of food aweek.
        craig

Comment

Hello craig

Nice that your system is performing well - current turoverrate at this system is?
          Tone - Truls -Petter
          Vogata NI

Comment

Hello craig

Nice that your system is performing well - current turoverrate at this system is?
            What amount off flow through?
            Tone - Truls -Petter
            Vogata NI

Comment

hello vogata
              turn over is 6000g a hour and iput about 300g of new water a day with aconstant trickle.

Comment

dear craig

Thanks for letting me know I will update the information do you mind sending me a larger version of the pic you posted and I will put it on witth the info. Please send to

[email protected]
                There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
                http://www.tewakoi.com

Comment

Hello again Craig

This will in metric units mean turnover 1.2 and pumps handling ~27 300 l/h. No particle left un-grinded for more than ~48 minutes and the same goes for oxygenation and degassing. You dilute the system with 6% daily. How often are you planning to take the system down and refilling it?
                  The speed is presumably high enough to keep dust from settling in your system.

You feed 0.57 kg pr day off what protein level and to who many inches off Nishikigoi? With this data I could toy with some calculation up here in the cold north.

All your “bad” readings are 0.00 and pH is?

Thanks again for giving us something to play around with in the cold time to come.
                  Tone - Truls -Petter
                  Vogata NI

Comment

hello again,
                    one of my showers has been running for 16 months never touched it and dont plan to it stayes clean .my ph is7.2,kh 35mg/l all other reading 0,ifeed momotaro food,about 500 +inches of fish,

Comment

Appears this indoors? So, no leaves, debris to contend with?

Comment

dont want to sound thick but with no settlement where does all the crap go ? I flush my answer settlement 2 times a week and there is loads of crap Iam feeding 2 kiols aweek .

rick

Comment

Craig

Thanks
                          Think you covered it all, which is for my brain to mess around with.

Correction – rewritten

When I ask about full scrub down and total water change I’m not asking for the filter system but for the pond system as a hole.
                          We noticed that Momotaro for example has one each year on his 1500 tons pond. Not at all or never seems for us to bee really a big factor for pond density (didn’t think Momotaro stocked that heavy either).
                          Tone - Truls -Petter
                          Vogata NI

Comment

hello all,
                            pond is semi indoors during summer and indoors when the leaves start falling,still get afew leaves ,i have no plans to empty and scrub down i never did it with submerged filtration and pond stayes very clean now,as for were's the cr_p eaten away buy bacteria i guess because i cant find it,i have smashed up old media put it in clean water shoock about to see if it was in there and nothing

Comment

Glad to hear things are going well Craig, a great success by the sound of it all.
                              Regards, Bob
                              ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
                              <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X