Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momotaro tosai

hello all,
    a couple of tosai, muraten about 27cm other29cm,any coments.
    regards craig

sorry had to rush out,
    they wereborn june2002,igot them in april 2003,here is some pictures of how they look now.

Comment

Wish I knew you, so I could give you a hard time about making us all envy your collection.

I think it's really helpful to see what koi look like each year in their development so thanks for posting. I love the them both! When you get bored with them let any of us know! (LOL)
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Cracking growth Craig, must be the 'rays'! Very nice looking Koi.
        Regards, Bob
        ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
        <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

Well, you want comments &amp; I can't think of much to say. I'm partial to the maruten, but both are impressive. Just keep doing whatever you're doing.

Comment

Craig, you're doing a good job.

I'd be interested in what Doug Ward has to say after his posted comments......about rip off, junk Momotaro Jumbo tosai and Bacteria house media.

You have to pay for quality and genetics.

I have a feeling the only media used in Craig's pond is Bacteria House.

Maurice.
            http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice
              I'd be interested in what Doug Ward has to say after his posted comments......about rip off, junk Momotaro Jumbo tosai and Bacteria house media.

You have to pay for quality and genetics.
              Maurice,

Excellent comment! I was a bit taken aback when I first saw Doug's statement summarily dismissing everything as "junk". I've steered well clear of the arguments either for or against BH out of fear as being labeled as a "commericalist" or god forbid as a "promoter". While I'll be the first to admit that the science behind how it works hasn't been presented clearly or cohesively, somehow this "junk" is responsible for raising hundreds of millions of yen worth of koi.

Now about the jumbo tosai, that's a subject I'm not shy on commenting on. What you may find for sale near you may not always be the ideal or to your liking, it's not very rational to relegate a whole line to being rubbish, especially when what you may have seen locally is but only a tiny fraction of the whole.

Seio was bought as jumbo tosai...would any of you call her "junk" even post-mortem? :wink:
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Oh yeah...way to go Craig!

Sorry...got caught up in my own diatribe! :roll:
                Brian Sousa
                Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

dear craig

great work raising such beautiful kois I only wish I had such a luxury to even buy momotaro kois, let alone raise them to be beauties that you have. And yes I agree with you maurice and also with what brian had to say.

Like what Daisuke said on the momo website keeping koi can be summed in three easy words, genes, water and food but these terms are far from easy to define. I think momotaro has quite a good grasp of this concept their results speak for themselves. 7 of 9 grand champions hmmmmmmmm. Can their methods really be junk along with what they produce?

anyway great kois Craig

hong
                  There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
                  http://www.tewakoi.com

Comment

Don't really understand!

In the ongoing discussion it seam that skills and percentage is an issue? We from the cold north have never felt this to be the case. For us it’s always been a question about too what degree one factor is predominating over the other? In what order do the new filter system come into the equation.

Can’t really see that there are any doubts about quality off the best – it’s always just that.
                    Tone - Truls -Petter
                    Vogata NI

Comment

It is easier to say bad things, than good. And it is also human nature to want "something for nothing", or less than it is worth. But best i can tell, that is not the way the world works.

Nice job Craig. I will take the Maruten in another year
                      Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much,iwont give up yet then,if any one is interested yhere mother is on back of this months koibito.here apicture of this years tosai

Comment

I like both Kohaku's, great eye in picking them out and hats off for the husbandary. As far as the comment of "junk fish", is there really anything junk? Junk is in the eye of the beholder.
                          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Here's my Momotaro Tosai...Bought this tosai 2 months ago, for $50 what can I say. Anyways, i just wanted to see how this tosai developed. When i got it home it was really skinny. The conformation is really coming around....Just wanted to share this pic.
                            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

been out with the camera again thought iwould post a pic of this sanke,it arrived at yume koi by accident arrived at same time as the top kuhaku's mike told me it was crap and did'nt want it so he gave it to me so i took it to grow on it is54cm now it was bearly 20 last april,and here is apicture of the kuhaku above i got it 17 april 04 at 26cm measurd today 43cm i think i could have got it bigger if i removed a few fish
                              regards craig

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X