SEINE NET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEINE NET

I am looking for a Japanese sein net 8' x 60' .Anybody know how or where I can get one?
    Jaco
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

Can't help in SA, but in the US its:
    Memphis Net and Twine
    Nylon Net Company

They have web sites

Comment

Thanks Bekko,
      Will have a peak
      Jaco
      Jaco Vorster
      South Africa

Comment

Jaco,

There's a few supply companies here in Japan, but they're not cheap.

rgds,
        Brian Sousa
        Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Aquatic Eco Systems also has those here in the US
          Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brian and Bob,
            Bob I tried AES but minimum international order $500 excl. shipping.
            Brian how about a price?
            Thanks Jaco
            Jaco Vorster
            South Africa

Comment

Jaco,

20M x 1.8M with 4.4mm netting complete with floats, bottom weights, mud guards on the bottom and a storage bag is 94,500 yen. 30M is 126,000 yen.

Don't think there's any minimum order, but the entry price is quite high. :cry:
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Is AES cheaper? Maybe a KB friend could forward it to you.
                Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Seine nets

I hope Brian doesn't mind this piece of help to a fellow koikeeper... Try this firm for your seine net. Not sure of prices etc,etc. but they certainly can make them to order. Let me know how you get on please?

http://www.norfinenets.co.uk/stockists.php

Col :lol:

Comment

I just bought some nylon ones from walmart and sewed them together. Works great !!! $15 each for a 4x15 net.

Comment

Sein Net

Hello Jaco

When I was on holiday in Gautang, I visited a few koi farms and outlets and if I remember the saleslady at Koi King in Benoni offered me netting to troull a mud dam. You can perhaps contact them.

Regards
                      Roy at the sea
                      Smilies

Comment

I bought a high quality net a few years ago approximately 25 ft 5 ft deep with weights and floats for just under $500 Canadian. A US dollar is $1.30 approximately. It is one thing to have the net it is another thing to catch mature koi the more help you have the better I usually have to do it myself. I notice that the Japanese have their ponds well landscaped for catching too. the sides of mine tend to erode over time making catching tougher too. The easiest way is to drain the pond but that isn't necessary in South Africa. Here they need to come out in the fall anyway.
                        The perfect koi is always one purchase or spawning away!

Comment

http://christensennetworks.com/

Comment

WOW, What a great board.
                            I received so many replies and e-mails from people prepared to help I am truely amazed.
                            It will take some time for me to go through all the links and suggestions,but I will keep yoou informed.
                            Brian you wernt kidding about expensive,thanks anyway.
                            Thank you all very much.
                            I will follow Roy's tip first as buying locally would be much easier.
                            Jaco.
                            Jaco Vorster
                            South Africa

Comment

Hi again,
                              Aquatic Eco Systems must have someone reading this board because I received an e-mail from them saying they will send the net since I bought from the before.
                              Roy the nets King Koi sells are made from a netting that has too much drag and they say that is all they can get me.
                              So thanks for everyone for the help
                              Jaco
                              Jaco Vorster
                              South Africa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X