Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum migration complete

Folks,

We've completed the migration with few issues, and you should all be able to login using your old logins and passwords. If you should have any issues, you may need to delete any cookies that you have from koi-bito.com that begin with the prefix "bb".

Photo attachments did not migrate at all, and the developer is reviewing this now. You will be able to post new photos, etc. without any problem though.

Please feel free to contact me should you encounter any problems.

Best regards,
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

A different new look! I thought I am in the wrong place.

Brian,
    It's good of you to always want to improve. Keep up the effort. Thanks.

Comment

Wasted space

Brian

I can help but feel there is too much 'wasted' space at the top of the screen what with the standard Bito banner and navigation, banner adverts, board 'toolbar' before actually getting to the meat of the board.

At my standard 1024x768 resolution over half the browser window is taken up by the stuff detailed above.

Mark
      Mark Gardner

Comment

Originally posted by markgardner
        Brian

I can help but feel there is too much 'wasted' space at the top of the screen what with the standard Bito banner and navigation, banner adverts, board 'toolbar' before actually getting to the meat of the board.

At my standard 1024x768 resolution over half the browser window is taken up by the stuff detailed above.

Mark
        Mark,

That empty space is actually being reserved for an interesting future development. Keep your eyes peeled!
        Brian Sousa
        Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Brian

It isn't empty as in nothing there, it's got stuff there but from a personal 'user' perspective it's 'wasted' in view of the fact that I don't use it.

Mark
          Mark Gardner

Comment

Hi Brian

I think the new site is looking great, even on a slow dial up connection its quick and easy and very smart looking. Well done.

Paul
            Paul Black

www.koikit.co.uk

Comment

An alternative

Originally posted by markgardner
              Brian

It isn't empty as in nothing there, it's got stuff there but from a personal 'user' perspective it's 'wasted' in view of the fact that I don't use it.

Mark
              Hi Mark,

Not quite sure how to answer that...the board has been free to users right up to this date, and this is a commercial site which we use to promote the magazine and our advertisers that help make Koi-Bito possible. The forum has to be complementary to the magazine and promote itself and our advertisers as well.

If the design really bothers you, and you'd rather just see that posts, then you can choose to review it in "archive mode" by going to:

Archive Mode

instead of the regular site.

rgds,
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Very nice upgrade Brian. Everything look so neat & tidy to me. Like the calendar feature. I'm sure it'll be very informative to Hobbyists that want to know what koi events is taking place around the globe. Thanks.

Cheers
                SF

Comment

Brian

I understand what you are saying I just think, from a usability perspective, there is a load of stuff getting in the way and hiding the content of the board.

Anyone viewing on lower resolutions such as 800 x 600 will probably see almost nothing of the forum when they hit the forum home page without having to scroll.

It's not a major big deal, i just think the balance is slightly wrong with regards to usage of screen real estate.

Mark

p.s. the attachment is what I see on entering the board (resized to 800x600) and may clarify/demonstate better.
                  Mark Gardner

Comment

Hi Mark,

Like I said, this is a commercial site so the banners, and Koi-Bito panel back to the main site aren't going anywhere soon. I understand your issue with the white space, but this is earmarked for something coming up on the horizon. Think of it simply as a "watch this space" sign.

The archive format is available for people that would rather not see graphics, and is the only option available for the time being. Perhaps we'll come up with some more designs in the future, but we only have some many resources to work on the magazine, website, video productions, etc. Sorry, but it's all I can manage at the moment.
                    Brian Sousa
                    Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I see the new site is up and running Brian and looking good well done

Gazza
                      Regards

Gazza

Comment

Brian the new site looks brilliant and may i say it was worth waiting for.

rgds
                        paul

Comment

Cheers guys!
                          Brian Sousa
                          Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                          Working...
                          X