spokane bunch at Toshio's #1 draining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spokane bunch at Toshio's #1 draining

For those in the Washington state area of the USA, word is in that that our friends from the Spokane area made it to Toshio Sakai's #1 harvest. Dottie, Sharon and Gene saw some monster's come out today from the top pond on top of a mt. tOMMORROW IS THE BIG AUCTION! Quess sankes and goshiki's are what they're looking at! Weather for the mid size ponds was heavy rain and they did not attend. However they were able to fit in several days of masterclass with Toshio and his translating daughter.Sounds like we all should have been there!
    Dick Benbow

Any news on this or pics Dick?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

They flew back today but haven't heard anything back from them yet. I heard thru the spouses that they were enamoured with some goshiki and sanke but don't know what they were able to get. One had a shiro that didn't come up at drainage. bout all I know.....
      Dick Benbow

Comment

well they suvived the trip. got word that while dealayed at seattle, they arrived home tuesday afternoon tired but happy. no details other than they had the time of their lives. should hear more later today as they come out of jet lag.I'll be interested in hearing what they saw. initial feedback from other friends
        is that the number of high quality koi in the 4-5 year old range is non existant.
        During the recession they were sold earlier than normal to make bills and are not on the market.
        would appreciate any feedback from those who have been or are going over
        on this topic.
        Dick Benbow

Comment

well, I heard from one third of the group! Sounds like they were able to find some really nice koi at the auction. the koi in the mudponds all had good growth rates so sounds like things went well. from the sounds of it they found some really nice showa at Toshio's!

I talked to a dealer who said he was at otsuka's and that the asagi three and 4 year olds were harvested but the two year olds were being kept out for two more weeks!
          Dick Benbow

Comment

Hey Dick, any word on Toshio Saki's harvest in Niigata and if he managed to save some of his mud ponds?
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Dick-

Mark Bodycott bought a reverse Asagi at Otsuka. I was with him when he bought it. Really, really nice. I like what I saw at Otsuka but I was taped out by that time. The greenhouse was always crowded. You'll have to check it out! I believe he is flying out of Narita on Friday.

Mike Pfeffer
              Mike Pfeffer
              Northern Midwest ZNA show
              June 19 - 20, 2010
              Season's Garden Nursery
              Fishers, IN

Comment

Mike, Thanks for the heads up on otsuka!

My understanding is toshio got about 80 % of the koi previously down to isawa
                before the earthequake. His area has only dealt with 3. ones and his stock is doing well.
                Dick Benbow

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                Working...
                X