New Shiro Utsuri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shiro Utsuri

Got some photos and a video from Japan this a.m. and bought a new fish. Female Yagenjii shiro utsuri 18 inches in length. Thought I would share.
    Attached Files

Really nice shiroji. How old is this Shiro?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

the head will have a very interesting menware when it comes up. i agree. clean shiroji

Comment

It's a two year old.

Comment

Such a pretty face! Like white jade.

Comment

You have yourself a really nice tategoi shiro. I really don't know if Yagenji Shiros go through phases like Omosako. Dan what do you know of the breeder's bloodline.

Comment

I really don't know of the breeder's bloodlines regarding their shiro's. Perhaps others may know. Do know that they are well known for their shiro utsuri's however. On a side note not sure how she will make out re: the earthquake. Greenhouse is ok that she is in, but no power. I'm am far more concerned for the people in that area that they are safe. Fish can be replaced , people can't.

Comment

Just heard from a friend over there that Yagenji is releasing their greenhouse koi into a mud pond behind their house. The shiro above should be ok.

Comment

Is this Shiro in Japan? or at home? I just want to see if it is safe...

Comment

Unfortunately Shiro is still in Japan. Recent news from a friend of mine over there (as of a day ago) indicates she is still ok at Yagenji Koi Farm. Not sure for how long though. Attempts are under way to get a temporary road into the hills so all breeders can access their koi and get sold koi and others out. If the road gets in soon, she and others at Yagenji will go out ASAP. Got my fingers crossed here that she makes it, but far more concerned about the people in that area and their safety in the wake of all the disaster. I will keep you posted as I hear. Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Thanks Dan. I hope you and others get your fish. As well as the people in Japan a hope of a brighter day.

Comment

Nice Shiro Utsuri

Hi Dan,

Nice Shiro Utsuri, I also bought a nice Shiro Utsuri whilst in Japan a couple of weeks ago. What do you think?

Regards

PaulH
                        Attached Files

Comment

Paul - very nice - I like it alot. How big and who's the breeder?

Comment

Shiro Utsuri breeder

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your comments.

She is Sansai and 63cm.

As for the breeder, I don't know. I bought the koi from Shintaro, he buys two or three top class tategoi from a "secret" breeder every year and grows them on in his lightly stocked mud ponds. Hence the growth.

Whilst we were there he harvested his four year olds, there were two Siro Utsuri that were around 70cm and stunning.

He may be known for his Sanke but he certainly knows how to choose tategoi Shiro Utsuri too.

Regards

PaulH

Comment

Thanks Paul, again very nice, especially like the head pattern. Just posted some recent news on Japan in another thread. Appears a temporary road is in to the hills in Niigata. Maybe my shiro utsuri might make it out yet, although I think Yagenji is pretty far up the hill (photo from Yagenji overlooking area - Spring 2004). Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
                              Attached Files

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X