Just for fun - pick a showa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun - pick a showa

Isa bred showas 7-8 inches in length. Just for fun which one do you like if any?
    Attached Files

Forgot one
    Attached Files

Comment

It is a toss up between the 4th and 6th kois. I think the 6th koi could be a monster when grown up. The 4th kois is patterned very similar to my own Isa showa(~50 cm).

As a side note, someone knowledgable told me that Isa's kois tend to be skinny-bodied. Is this true? My own koi does not have much volume either.
      Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

I like the forth showa, looks like the pattern is goin to be balanced..The forth one, that's the ticket.
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

I like the first one. The third seems to be a nice 'old style'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bancherd
            It is a toss up between the 4th and 6th kois. I think the 6th koi could be a monster when grown up. The 4th kois is patterned very similar to my own Isa showa(~50 cm).

As a side note, someone knowledgable told me that Isa's kois tend to be skinny-bodied. Is this true? My own koi does not have much volume either.
            Maybe Erwin san can elaborate more on this since he bought an Isa Showa Tosai earlier this year. Also, Dunkel has a very nice Isa Showa Sansai, maybe he can throw in his two cents.

Koi-Unit....
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

I like the fourth, also.
              It seems the hi and sumi are coming up slow(ish) and evenly.
              The others look like they'll finish quite early and possibly have overwhelming sumi.

Comment

My crude eye would pick #4 and then #1.
                steve

Comment

My crude eye would pick #3.

Best Wishes,
                  Brady

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Brandwood
                    My crude eye would pick #3.

Best Wishes,
                    Brady
                    C'mon Brady... Elaborate, just a tad

Comment

For once, I agree with Brady. (This is a rare occasion! It may be pure happenstance, but I'm hoping it means his many lessons are starting to sink in!) I hope he shares his reasons so I can see if they are similar to mine. Number 4 has best pattern to appeal to my eye today. I'm a sucker for Showa with much white on the face, so #1 and #4 got my attention first. Then I looked for body shape, impression of strength. That's when #3 stood out. Then I looked for motoguro. Again, #3 stood out. I really did not like that result. I wanted more shiroji. Then I tried dissecting parts of the body ... tail tube, shoulder width. Still #3. Looking at the quality of the sumi, can't really tell from pics, but #3 looked as good as any. Then tried to focus on the Hi, and again #3 looked as deep as any, and deeper than some. Then as I kept looking at #3, I started thinking the sumi pattern across the shoulder and around the face are truly powerful ... not as striking as having a Shiro base, but powerful. I then convinced myself that #3 is female ... just something about the body structure. At that point I lost objectivity. I had imagined #3 as a huge, powerful Showa with emblazoned samurai Sumi.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM
                        For once, I agree with Brady. (This is a rare occasion! It may be pure happenstance, but I'm hoping it means his many lessons are starting to sink in!) I hope he shares his reasons so I can see if they are similar to mine. Number 4 has best pattern to appeal to my eye today. I'm a sucker for Showa with much white on the face, so #1 and #4 got my attention first. Then I looked for body shape, impression of strength. That's when #3 stood out. Then I looked for motoguro. Again, #3 stood out. I really did not like that result. I wanted more shiroji. Then I tried dissecting parts of the body ... tail tube, shoulder width. Still #3. Looking at the quality of the sumi, can't really tell from pics, but #3 looked as good as any. Then tried to focus on the Hi, and again #3 looked as deep as any, and deeper than some. Then as I kept looking at #3, I started thinking the sumi pattern across the shoulder and around the face are truly powerful ... not as striking as having a Shiro base, but powerful. I then convinced myself that #3 is female ... just something about the body structure. At that point I lost objectivity. I had imagined #3 as a huge, powerful Showa with emblazoned samurai Sumi.
                        LOL... Mike... When you coming to finish what we started ?
                        How are YOUR fish doing ?

Comment

4 then 3 for me... I like the more white in the 4th over #3.

Banchard, Isa Showas can be skinny when younger, but I have a 7 year old Isa Showa that has perfect conformation at 84 cm.
                          Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Number Five be Number ONE.

Why? Because I only got to see half of the pattern, maybe the other side will save it?
                            I figure that none of these koi are going to have more than a Wisp of white on them as four year olds. So I'm basing my pic on what I didn't see (the other side) and the shadow of a very strong menware on a red canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by luke frisbee
                              Number Five be Number ONE.

Why? Because I only got to see half of the pattern, maybe the other side will save it?
                              I figure that none of these koi are going to have more than a Wisp of white on them as four year olds. So I'm basing my pic on what I didn't see (the other side) and the shadow of a very strong menware on a red canvas.
                              Luke... Go lay some block. Would ya ? ;-)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X