Just for fun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun....

Just a portion of what we enjoy about this hobby... Ian takes many many photo's, some make me laugh, some make me go "ohhh neat, most make me smile. Thought I would share some with you all here...

Backyard Puddle

Backyard Puddle

Comment

a couple more....

Kind Regards, Terri
      Backyard Puddle

Comment

Wow!!!

Always a treat to see to your photos Ian & Terri! They're so filled with personality,... and so many details we often miss watching moving Koi.

The Yamabuki Ogon pic 2nd from bottom is such a wonderful still - showing the unique beauty of Yamabuki Ogon, and the minute details of what it is appreciated for! Unfortunately here in the US the "mass production colored carp breeders" have ruined Yamabuki,... mass produced to over-saturation, bred into long fin Koi, and available at every pet store, that the high quality details are overlooked, and truly good Yamabukis go unappreciated - the perfectly aligned scales, glistening metallic sheen, the beauty of fukurin surrounding each scale, long thick bodys, strong perfect pecks. Sorry, I'm drooling, I'm a big fan of truly good Yamabuki Ogons,... a subtle beauty that slips by many of us.

Thanks for the pics!

Best Wishes,
        Brady

Comment

Thank you for the pictures. Looks like post-Thanksgiving mad rush at the mall.
          Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

What a bunch of porkers! Great pics Ian and Terri. Having a bunch of tamed freindly fatties is what it is all about for me.

Kiefer
            KIEFER

Comment

Wow...... it is so refreshing to see a different kind of koi photos. Most we see are the monotonous head to tail type. But, Ian and Terri, yours are so alive, full of energy, full of fun! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Yamabuki for Brady

Brady,
                Responding to your post above I thought you might like to see my Yamabuki, she's done pretty well at the BKKS National the past three years.
                She's from Ogawa and Chuchan even called to visit her, and me ;-), a couple of years back.
                Attached Files
                Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Glad you all like the pictures

Nice yamabuki Andrew.

Brady, it's been so much fun and a learning experience with these yamabuki babies.

Kind Regards, Terri
                  Backyard Puddle

Comment

Yamabuki!

Ahhhh, a nice one Andrew! Thanks for sharing that one. Such a gorgeous build! What size is she?

Best Wishes,
                    Brady

Comment

I suspect some gentlemen prefer ponds with blondes.

Comment

Truly KOIKICHI

Ian & Terri,
                        WOW! Now thats what I call KOIKICHI. Absolutely great fun. Makes me wish I had some of my own subjects to photograph. Are you using a macro lens for photography? Have you been shooting these type of shots for a long time? The finish on your photos are very professional. Thanks so much for sharing.

Comment

Brady,
                          She's 84cms, 6 year old.

SMG,
                          Indeed! LOL!
                          Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

I prefer my pond with a pina colada and a side order of Redhead to knock off the chill

Comment

Doug, you are such a FLIRT! LOL

Akai-San, thank you. Ian takes his pics using macro, yes. I can't remember a time Ian wasn't taking photo's ... but of the koi, just over 10 years, and not always ours. If there will be koi around where we're going he brings his camera LOL We both started playing with camera's years ago, I can (and do) take some nice photographs(mostly nature shots) but Ian really has an eye for taking fish pics.

Here's a creepy crawly, one of my fav creatures

Kind Regards, Terri
                              Backyard Puddle

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X