My Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Love

You might think I'm a little crazy but, I picked up the only koi I truly wanted for the new pond yesterday. For years I didn't see what people saw in Chagoi's. I always called them rat fish. But in the last year I got hit with the Chagoi bug. I told me wife if I only got one koi for the new pond it was going to be a Chagoi.

Here's a picture of my new love.

She's a 2 year old and 19" long. But I do have a big problem. Out of all the koi we ever had, I think only a hand full got names. Since this is my little girl (and I hope she will not be little for long), she needs a name. Would anyone care to suggest a few names for me? After I get a few names, I will let my daughter pick the name for her. Let the thinking begin.

Thanks!

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Geez, I thought that was her name..."My Love"

Comment

how about goldy

Comment

Maybe?

Sparkle? or Twinkle? subtle names but still maintain her feminin charm?

Jules
        Jules

www.jewelspondsandgardens.co.uk

Comment

Is she a Ogata Chagoi?

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will add those name to the list.

Koi-Schmid-Linden, yes she is a Ogata Chagoi.

Tom

Comment

How bout' "Turd" as Peter Waddington described it in one of the videos...just joking...Nice pick-up, I saw that Gin Rin Chagoi, I like the eveness of the Gin Rin. I should have went to Kevin's yesterday, but I was at Tom's shop chillin and answering some questions that Dr.Dave had on koi. Remember I am the "Goldfish" expert. HAHAHA. Tom C. I think you should check out Dr.Dave's pond when you are up here again.
              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Aquitori this was a koi I got from Ken at Eastern. So many dealers had Chagoi's this year, but this one seemed to be every clean. A lot of the Chagoi I saw had shimi's or Hi spots on them. This one said please take me home, so I did. I'm hoping to put 8" or more on her next year. Will see if I can hit my goal.

I was hoping to make it to Kevin's Sunday but some issues came up where I couldn't. They are going to ship me the koi that they are holding for me. It sound like I'm going to have to take a weekend in the spring to come up and see some ponds and some koi. It sound like you guy's have a lot of nice ponds around. If you guy's come to one of the shows next year down here, we will have to have a BBQ for you guy's. By then the koi will be in the pond also.

Tom

Comment

Echoing Luke's idea: Mia -- short for Mi Amore.

Comment

Hi Tom, I tried to post this at KV but I haven't a clue if it went through.... you know how frustrating it's been there lately... I don't seem to get many posts to go through *sigh*
                    Here it is..

"She's beautiful... How 'bout Charisse - means Grace, Beauty, and Kindness. Or how about a Japanese name, like Emi - "blessed with beauty".

Kind Regards, Terri"

Oh I like Luke and Jason's idea too.. Mia is very pretty.
                    Backyard Puddle

Comment

hi

my koi looks just like yours but it's fins are all white. my koi is the most unique

fish in my pond because its the only gold one and it'S really active. is yours

really active too? we called it Goldy because of the color and because of a

famous actress.

Comment

Only one name befits a koi that beautiful... "Kin Chan"

Kin is Japanese for Gold or Golden, Chan is a term of endearment added to end of an abbreviated given name...i.e. Your mom and possibly your wife would call you Tochan, that is if they still love you...

So Kin Chan could be roughly interpreted as My Golden One, or My Golden Love...

Aloha! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C
                          Aquitori this was a koi I got from Ken at Eastern. So many dealers had Chagoi's this year, but this one seemed to be every clean. A lot of the Chagoi I saw had shimi's or Hi spots on them. This one said please take me home, so I did. I'm hoping to put 8" or more on her next year. Will see if I can hit my goal.

I was hoping to make it to Kevin's Sunday but some issues came up where I couldn't. They are going to ship me the koi that they are holding for me. It sound like I'm going to have to take a weekend in the spring to come up and see some ponds and some koi. It sound like you guy's have a lot of nice ponds around. If you guy's come to one of the shows next year down here, we will have to have a BBQ for you guy's. By then the koi will be in the pond also.

Tom
                          I like the body of the fish..Nicety...Here's a pic of my Chagoi. I have been growing her for the past 2 years since Tosai. She was 8" and 19". "Hulk" gets black specs here and there but they tend to go away depending on her mood. I bought her in the chance of keeping her green. By the way, you Que it up we'll bring the Beer!!!!! BBQing Momotaro style!!!!!!
                          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                          Working...
                          X