Your pick of Champions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your pick of Champions.

I know these pics aren't of the best quality, but I just wanted to find out what people would choose in this lineup of "Past All Japan Grand Champion Kohakus". Happy Holidays, enjoy.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

I'd have to go with "B". I like the pattern better than the other two. I know the breeder and bloodline. I was gonna vote for the little bigger picture of the fabulous kohaku to the left of the three choices but it didn't have an alphabetic
    designation attached
    Dick Benbow

Comment

From the pictures, I pick "A". It would be "C" IF only pattern is being considered. Is this the real color for "B"

(A: Sakai, B: Hiroshima Sakai, C:?)
      Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

Originally posted by Bancherd
        From the pictures, I pick "A". It would be "C" IF only pattern is being considered. Is this the real color for "B"

(A: Sakai, B: Hiroshima Sakai, C:?)
        C is Murata Sensuke from Chiba
        Brian Sousa
        Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I lke A. Hands down my favorite of the 3. For patten, body shape, and nice red and white.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
            C is Murata Sensuke from Chiba
            Thanks Brian, never had a clue where the Kamiya Kohaku was from. I thought it was from Maruyama. Do you know anything in regards to the characteristic of Murata?

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
              Thanks Brian, never had a clue where the Kamiya Kohaku was from. I thought it was from Maruyama. Do you know anything in regards to the characteristic of Murata?
              Murata was famous for the body on the Sensuke they produced. Many of the Niigata breeders were enamoured with the Murata line, and introduced it into their own breeding programs. It seems rather hard to find Sensuke that have nice bodies, along with quality beni and shiroji. A lot of mixing and matching along parent stock has kind of blurred the lines a bit. Koi B also has Sensuke blood in it, but that would be from Morita from Yamaguchi Prefecture.

Nice avatar! Haven't I seen you walking the streets around San Andreas somewhere? You do roll with the Ballas , right?
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I roll only with the KOI-UNIT. My little club consist of maybe 3 people so far...Me my mother and father...hahahaha Well anyways, how have things been goin in Niigata? News has seemed to slow down....

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                  I roll only with the KOI-UNIT. My little club consist of maybe 3 people so far...Me my mother and father...hahahaha Well anyways, how have things been goin in Niigata? News has seemed to slow down....
                  Just having a little fun there!

There are quite a few people that have had to move into temporary housing provided by the government, but it seems that spirits are up. Thankfully, winter has been relatively mild so far...
                  Brian Sousa
                  Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I like "C". The white is thick, especially on the fins. And while Not looking too heavy it has a thick athletic build.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                      Just having a little fun there!

There are quite a few people that have had to move into temporary housing provided by the government, but it seems that spirits are up. Thankfully, winter has been relatively mild so far...
                      That is good to know people are starting to gather the pieces and putting them back together again. Much love to Niigata!!!! VIVA Niigata!!!!

Comment

I will go with A C B

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipsar
                          I will go with A C B
                          I agree to this choice.

The "C"-pattern is a bit nervy in my eyes and I don't like the yellow "B"-head.

Comment

I'd go B, A, C. But only a gnat's whisker between them! Tremendous examples.
                            Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X