Your Pick of Champions Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Pick of Champions Part 2

Well, I had to do one with showa, being one of the hardess varities to predict. Since all of these Showas(except "C" Gin Rin Shinoda). Either way that Gin Rin Showa deserves to be with the rest. We all know the first Showa and if you don't, I think some of us need to study up. Well, have fun with this one.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

A E B D C...The first is my wish koi

Comment

Luke, don't we all wish we had Mr. Kato's Inazuma Showa swimming in our pond....

Comment

I like "c" in all the showas. The last time I saw her was in 2000. It was all I could do to hold my breath in the greenhouse, the ammonia was so strong.!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

to me.. i find tat 'd' is better..

Comment

I will go with A E B C D .

Comment

..and I'll go A, B, E, C, D.
              Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Quick question for all on this thread....

Let's forget what we know bout Showa A...Would you think in this day in age this showa would win at a major show? or maybe on this thread, being the sumi is not fully up? Just wanted to get some opinions on this.

Comment

Aquitori: Your photo spreads have been a treat. Thanks!

As for your question, BradyB some time back pointed out to me that the Kato Showa was rather imperfect in all her parts ... when viewed independently. The Sumi is weaker than one would want. The Hi is not of the highest quality. The Shiro is not as clean ... this is very clear in photos that have not been enhanced. Remove the Sumi and she is a grossly unbalanced Kohaku. Remove the Hi and she is a terrible Utsuri. Body conformation is big, but is it powerful without the pattern? ....... You can tear her apart unmercifully. But the balance is near perfect. Each imperfection is counter balanced. She is a living ying/yang. An embodiment of the Japanese precept of beauty, rather than the western idea of beauty through symetry. Her's is the beauty that derives from asymetry, like a rugged black pine holding the rock in its roots. ....... Would she be GC today? ... I'll defer to the judges. For me, there are few fish that so embody the power and boldness of Showa.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X