Orlando In March: Save The Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando In March: Save The Date

The Central Florida Koi Show will be March 7-9, 2008. We return to the Holiday Inn Resort on International Drive... one last time? The construction project on the site has been delayed a year, so we get to return to a great venue. Details on the vendor fair will be going out to our regulars in the next couple of weeks. Work is in progress setting up the seminars, inventorying equipment needs, etc. Gonna be another fine show.

More info as things are finalized.

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
    The Central Florida Koi Show will be March 7-9, 2008. We return to the Holiday Inn Resort on International Drive... one last time? The construction project on the site has been delayed a year, so we get to return to a great venue. Details on the vendor fair will be going out to our regulars in the next couple of weeks. Work is in progress setting up the seminars, inventorying equipment needs, etc. Gonna be another fine show.

More info as things are finalized.
    Hi Mike, is the ZNA District meeting goin to be held there again?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Tonio: I'm slow to answer! But, yes, we are honored to again host the annual ZNA presidents' meeting. We get really excited about it. Florida was such a backwater in the hobby for so long. People get energized to have leaders in the hobby among us. Getting to meet folks you've only read about is a real pleasure. So much koi knowledge.

Lots of work has been put into planning the show. But, things really go into high gear in the weeks ahead. ZNA Southern Koi Association has its show in Naples this weekend, with some great fish expected. Then the energy gets poured into the Central Florida Koi Show. Half of the 50 vendor booths are already reserved 4 months ahead of the show. Seminar presentations are largely lined up. Banquet menu determined, etc., etc. But there is still a lot to do to make it the best CFKS yet.

AuntieSue: Got a little surprise for you. But I can't tell. (It's a secret. )

Comment

Mike, who are the judges? Theres a rumor that JR will make an apperance...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
          Tonio: I'm slow to answer! But, yes, we are honored to again host the annual ZNA presidents' meeting. We get really excited about it. Florida was such a backwater in the hobby for so long. People get energized to have leaders in the hobby among us. Getting to meet folks you've only read about is a real pleasure. So much koi knowledge.

Lots of work has been put into planning the show. But, things really go into high gear in the weeks ahead. ZNA Southern Koi Association has its show in Naples this weekend, with some great fish expected. Then the energy gets poured into the Central Florida Koi Show. Half of the 50 vendor booths are already reserved 4 months ahead of the show. Seminar presentations are largely lined up. Banquet menu determined, etc., etc. But there is still a lot to do to make it the best CFKS yet.

AuntieSue: Got a little surprise for you. But I can't tell. (It's a secret. )
          Well, you can tell me, I promise I won't say a word to anyone.....LOL!!!

As always, we are looking foward to this show. It's our first pilgrimage
          of the season. This year we will be bringing fish down ourselves I think instead of Kevin doing it for us. At least I hope it works out that way. This year we hope to get there early Friday so I can help some with the show. Would love to help bench if I can get there early enough or perhaps learn a bit more about scribing.
          2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
          AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
          July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
          http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori View Post
            Mike, who are the judges? Theres a rumor that JR will make an apperance...
            JR is our head judge at the Naples show. I need to make sure I stop by the bakery on the way to the show. I remember reading recently that JR likes pie with his Koi JR will be assisted by Bob Brudd and Dick Thomas.

Steve Childers is the head judge for CFKS in 2008. Steve will be assisted by Larry Gill, Garry Chin and Jan Thompson. We may have 2 judges coming over from Holland as well.
            Henry

Orlando, FL

Comment

Originally posted by HenryC View Post
              JR is our head judge at the Naples show. I need to make sure I stop by the bakery on the way to the show. I remember reading recently that JR likes pie with his Koi JR will be assisted by Bob Brudd and Dick Thomas.

Steve Childers is the head judge for CFKS in 2008. Steve will be assisted by Larry Gill, Garry Chin and Jan Thompson. We may have 2 judges coming over from Holland as well.
              Great ZNA judging crew for Naples and great AKCA judging crew for CFKS...You guys need to bring DCNY for coverage of the show.

Comment

Great ZNA judging crew for Naples and great AKCA judging crew for CFKS...You guys need to bring DCNY for coverage of the show.
                Tony,
                Amen to that.
                Michael

Comment

I think there might be something here. I skimmed through alot of the shows posted and I have to say Dan did a very good job doing coverage of the NorCal Show. Maybe Dan can be hired to do coverage for one of those shows Henry. Just a thought.

Todd

Comment

Cfks News

The show website has been revamped. Check it out! koiplace.orlandokoi.org - Home

There will be modifications over the next couple of weeks as our webmaster & show co-chair Joe White gets it the way he wants... and continual updating. Entry forms, etc are all available. Check out Bill Story's photo album of the 2007 show. Nice slide show.

Comment

4sure DCNY on camera/post...

Tom

Comment

Kari and I are Saving the Date!

Looks like PSKoi will be going. Anyone know how to get there?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Peters View Post
                          Mapquest!!! Works for us!!!
                          2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
                          AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
                          July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
                          http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Comment

Russ,
                            Ya know them really big tall rocks east of ya? Pass them up and a bunch more until you get to the flatlands....then keep going east across this really big muddy river....then, keep going east until you get to some other big tall rocks....turn south until you find Mickey Mouse and then you are there.

Steve
                            The views presented are my personal views and not that of any organization that I may belong to unless otherwise specified. [email protected]
                            CKHPA

Comment

It was easy...called Air Canada, told then I want to go to Mouse Land and they said send us $1600 and be there on such and such a date and we'll deliver you right to the Mouse

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X