The next issue of Koi-Bito of XMAS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next issue of Koi-Bito of XMAS!!!

Brian, you know what would be hella cool? Me getting Koi-Bito on the 24th and tossing it under the tree with the rest of the gifts and opening it on Xmas day. Well anyways, has the new issue been sent out yet? Done going through my other koi magazines already need a new one.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

I'm looking so forward to that issue. My next request will be to ask Brian to ask
    Ozawa-san to consider doing a tosai selection article on asagi. Tatsuo does a fabulous job of explaining what to look for in a young koi!

One of my asagi's is three and she has developed into the koi of my dreams.
    Beautiful light blue head, Beautiful asagi han and no over running with red.She is now developing a female shape. i'll be cooking special for her this winter. I buy
    barley and cook it in garlic salt, cool, drain and feed to the koi. They feel full in the lower temps yet there is very little food value in barley but it keeps the digestive systems working at 58 F which is where I run them for the next 3 months.

You know we avid readers of koi-bito really need to help Brian grow the magazine. I hope you'll tell your friends how much you look forward to getting it and encourage them to subscribe. It doesn't hurt to let the advertisers know you appreciate their support and try and support them when you can.

If my magazine comes before christmas i'm leaving it out with a plate of cookies for santa on christmas eve.
    Dick Benbow

Comment

Well this is my first post even though I have been following this board for over a year. I finally relented and subscribed too koi-bito and got my first installments today since I ordered a few back issues.
      What can I say. Well I guess I could say the magazine is great but I'm still working on watching that DVD for the second time. I almost felt like I was at momotaros. What an incredible learning experience that was, is, and will always be.
      So far I've only thumbed through them but they look too be even more than I imagined.
      I have some serious reading too do tomorrow but would like too thank Brian for a first rate magazine meant for koikichis and all of you that make this a wonderful board that is a wealth of knowledge.
      Looking forward too number 8.
      Rob

Comment

Thank-you Rob, for being a poster and for supporting Brian!

Hope you can enjoy your holidays! merry Christmas!!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

Funny how time flys....Would if we can still get it before xmas....
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
            Funny how time flys....Would if we can still get it before xmas....
            Dam.. That would be Franks favorite gift under the tree, If only we got it before Xmass

Comment

Sorry to disappoint, but mailing will be on Xmas Eve.
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                Sorry to disappoint, but mailing will be on Xmas Eve.
                Oh well great New Years present..

Comment

I never got a reply to see if my subscription went through. Hey Nancy maybe you need to get under the tree or would he still read the magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by koidoc
                    I never got a reply to see if my subscription went through. Hey Nancy maybe you need to get under the tree or would he still read the magazine?
                    After all these years, I am sure he would read the magazine.

Comment

Nancy

Never estimate the power of unanticipated persuasion - LOL!?!

Happy Holidays to you both - I guess I'll be seeing you at the show of shows!?!

Mike

Comment

I have watched Brian's Dvd so many times and I would be the first to buy the next copy!!

In the Uk, theres a Dvd series called Koikeepers which a about 60 mins long visiting about 6 ponds and interviewing their owners. As Brian is in Japan, he would be in a great position to do 60 min long video of a select number of Koi breeders. I havent been to Japan, so I love watching all the DVDs produced relating to Koi farms and their harvests. May be I the only one?

HKP

Comment

Originally posted by Hongkongphewy
                          I have watched Brian's Dvd so many times and I would be the first to buy the next copy!!

In the Uk, theres a Dvd series called Koikeepers which a about 60 mins long visiting about 6 ponds and interviewing their owners. As Brian is in Japan, he would be in a great position to do 60 min long video of a select number of Koi breeders. I havent been to Japan, so I love watching all the DVDs produced relating to Koi farms and their harvests. May be I the only one?

HKP
                          I assure you that you are not the only one. I love watching koi DVDs. Especially the harvests!
                          Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

HKP

there would be massive interest the world over! But why several breeders crammed into 60min. Why not many breeders 60 min each

Unfortunately, with the way things are cencerning internet, downloading and copying, I do not think there are many people considering making the inverstment on such a project. Chances are that the project wil turn into a loss.

Regenmeneer

Comment

that's why the producers of such a product would have the cost underwritten by the ultimate individuals to benefit...the koi breeders themselves. An association of koi breeders by geographic location would be perfect.

Make all the copies you wish...it still does nothing but benefit them....
                              Dick Benbow

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X