Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The herd a grazin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The herd a grazin

    Wife took this picture yesterday. If u didnt know them, u would think they were starving!

    KIEFER
  • #2

    Nice herd you got there....Pond has a fine balance of color....not too boring. So what is the total fish load in the pond?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

    Comment

    • #3

      Morning aquitori,

      Apprx 40 koi in 13k pond
      KIEFER

      Comment

      • #4

        There must be an echo in here.... Very nice herd. Nice pond too!
        Backyard Puddle

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by kgt1223
          Morning aquitori,

          Apprx 40 koi in 13k pond
          Cool, what are the average sizes of the koi in the pond...? I like the mix of color..My pond is kinda boring too many Kohaku...
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

          Comment

          • #6

            First rule Aquitori,


            U can never have to many KOHAKU! Here is a pic with my hand in it for scale.

            KIEFER

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by aquitori
              ... I like the mix of color..My pond is kinda boring too many Kohaku...
              joking...
              too many kohaku??? have you consider making room for new additons of diferent varieties? Well, you are most wellcome to dispacht any surplus Kohaku you might have to me... I would like to get bored that way, too!!!

              BTW, could you post a pic of your favourite Kohaku plus some comments (breeder, size, sex...)
              Merry Xmas!
              Diego Jordano
              Cordoba, Spain
              A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
              pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by estanque_koi
                joking...
                too many kohaku??? have you consider making room for new additons of diferent varieties? Well, you are most wellcome to dispacht any surplus Kohaku you might have to me... I would like to get bored that way, too!!!

                BTW, could you post a pic of your favourite Kohaku plus some comments (breeder, size, sex...)
                Merry Xmas!
                IF I had to pick 3 Kohakus that stand out......hhhhmmmm

                The first one is "RP"(red pec) He is from an unknown breeder, meaning that dealer did know where he was from. He now measures 22" inches.

                The second one is "Vaio". He is from Isa(Hajime). He now measures 19".

                The third one is "Nine". Same as RP, unknown breeder. He now measures 19".

                I would show you the rest of my Kohakus but I would have to take more pics.
                Attached Files
                The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                Comment

                • #9

                  2 More Kohakus of mine...

                  Here's 2 more Kohakus:

                  1st one "MoMo" is from Momotaro, she/he is now 12".

                  2nd one "DragOn" is from Ogata, She/he is now 12".
                  Attached Files
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    They are all beautiful specimens. I have several koi from Isa. They have all proven to be quite healthy and have held their color very well.
                    KIEFER

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Aquitori:

                      RP and Vaio whet my mouth.

                      I'm quite surprised that they're males. I should go back to see what you're feeding those lovely koi.

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Very nice Kohaku, Aquitori. RP and Vaio have wonderful patterns that I like very much. Body shapes seems to me very good. Congratulations, enjoy!
                        Diego Jordano
                        Cordoba, Spain
                        A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
                        pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Originally posted by estanque_koi
                          Very nice Kohaku, Aquitori. RP and Vaio have wonderful patterns that I like very much. Body shapes seems to me very good. Congratulations, enjoy!
                          Thanks...maybe I am bored with my pond because I need new fish? Probably buy something new after Xmas.
                          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by crazy kujyaku
                            Aquitori:

                            RP and Vaio whet my mouth.

                            I'm quite surprised that they're males. I should go back to see what you're feeding those lovely koi.
                            Thanks, yeah they are males...checkout the thread "Koi Food" I have a receipe for my paste food....
                            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Thanks...maybe I am bored with my pond because I need new fish? Probably buy something new after Xmas.
                              Can I suggest getting some goldfish, and sending them to me?

                              Tom

                              Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X