rightful place.

I am the exacting taskmaster.
    the ever-watchful administrator.

I seek perfect order in my world.
    I represent unfailing dedication.

I am the rooster

(this is my year!)
    Dick Benbow

What a great sentiment for ending a year of catastrophe! ... Hope there is something in the Chinese myths.

Comment

Originally posted by dick benbow
      I am on hand
      to herald in the day
      and to announce it's exit.

I thrive by clockwork and percision.

In my unending quest for perfection
      all things will be restored to their
      rightful place.

I am the exacting taskmaster.
      the ever-watchful administrator.

I seek perfect order in my world.
      I represent unfailing dedication.

I am the rooster

(this is my year!)
      It's also my wife's year as well...as for me, I was born in the year of the boar!
      Brian Sousa
      Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

That's interesting! Since I have been following this calendar I'm amazed at how accurate the discriptions of people's personalities and about what couples are better suited. My wife is an ox which is my perfect match. I didn't know it at the time but sometimes it's better to be just dumb lucky.... Glad to know a rooster's in the family brian!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

This is the year of the golden rooster according to chinese calendar but it will only start on the 9th of Feb. which is the 1st day of Chinese New Year. Till then this is still the year of the golden monkey.

SF

Comment

Brian,

You may have been born in a year of the boar...we all know it was not year of the bore!!!

MCA (dragon)
            Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

not till february heh? Well, ok....this chicken business ain't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe I'll celebrate that morning with an omlette <grin> golden of course!
              Dick Benbow

Comment

Year of the Roster....Cool, I am an Ox....I think they should "Year of the Koi" into the mix.
                The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

So that means wait and repost in February?
                  Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

Originally posted by MCA
                    You may have been born in a year of the boar...we all know it was not year of the bore!!!
                    Thanks Mike!
                    Brian Sousa
                    Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Wait until February? ... No, let the celebration begin now!

....Gives a different meaning to the notion of waiting for the Rooster to crow.

Comment

Just a little info for anybody who might be interested in chinese calendar.

Patient my friends. Would you celebrate christmas in nov. LOL.
                        Chinese New year have very special meaning to us, of course for the other ethnic group it is just any ordinary day.

SF

Comment

Thank-you swordfish, that last comment of yours puts things in perspective!
                          Dick Benbow

Comment

No problem Dick. Just want to let those interested have the right understanding.
                            The golden rooster is so named according to the 5 elements: gold, wood, water, fire & earth.
                            There will be very big celebration for the Chinese New Year in S'pore. Koi will get their fair share too. Drawing of them will appear in paintings, greeting cards, red packets( we call Ang Pao), etc...Koi are auspicious fish to the chinese.

SF

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X