Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azngopher View Post
    Luke,

PS...yes, I do own koi, at least that is what the guy told me at the store....
    Must have been Brett!

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
      Must have been Brett!
      lols. he told me they were showas, goshikis, sanke, and even a blue one called an asagi.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Nguyen View Post
        just sent you the zip file to your sbcglobal.net account.

Steve
        Thankie you, Steve
        Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
        paints his own nature into his pictures."
        --Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Duc,

I think you have some good "butt ugly choices" ....................................

To me this is going to be blind as the only thing I know of the breeder is everyone wants one.

Looks like you need some of both
          Koi Wrangler
          CKHPA

Comment

Luke,

If 84 is still there on my pick, it'll be coming to Texas. I like the pattern. How about 206? I like the pattern. Seeing a trend here?

Duc

206 also made my list. I think some of the heavy sumi on the tail maybe baby sumi.

Comment

Luke

Looks like #60 is going to go really fast!! It's just going to be the luck of the draw to see who gets it!!

Some of you have made some very nice selections. I currently have 18 top picks to go through again and again and again. This was after trying to narrow it down from 177 to 60 and then... All I can see is black and white after the last few days. It's amazing how each time you go through the pics, your taste can change with a fresher pair of eyes. Someone once told me that the best way to pick fish at a breeder's facility is to walk in, walk down the middle of the ponds and let your peripheral vision take over. Whatever catches your eye the first time is worth a closer look/inspection. Otherwise, it can be overwhelming. Seems like that's happening here. Oh well, study, study, study. I'm really looking forward to March 2009!! This should be a blast!

Mike

Comment

Agree with Luke, lots to look forward to, but, I'm trying not to get my heart set until my choice comes up, with my luck........

Comment

Like everyone else, I've going through the filtering process as well and have narrowed it down to maybe 3 dozen or so based on no consistent criteria other than I like em. The difficulty in choosing tosai for my newbie eyes is that all the "growth comparison" photos I've seen indicate inconsistent things to look for in young Omosako shiro utsuri. Sumi can come and go, shiro can look terrible and then pop white (or not), motogoru can come from no where or it can turn to streaks, thin skin can thicken, "male" pecs turn out to be female, etc. etc. Baby pictures from HenryC's great looking shiro sure did NOT help my understanding.

This would have been hard enough, but then the wildcard Omosako tancho showa get thrown into the mix and my eyes start to get blurry.

- Wayne, will have to narrow it down to 20 and then rank them to prepare for selection.
                  Wayne - Ohio, USA

Comment

Luke,

If 84 is still there on my pick, it'll be coming to Texas. I like the pattern. How about 206? I like the pattern. Seeing a trend here?

Duc

You believed a guy at a store?
                    Please tell me he wasn't a salesperson!

yep..206 has some promise....

Comment

Originally posted by luke frisbee View Post
                      You believed a guy at a store?
                      Please tell me he wasn't a salesperson!

yep..206 has some promise....
                      At this particular store, the guy works the "front end" as the sales person and also does the back end stuff such as spawning, culling, and deciding if I have the ability to keep the koi I've got my eye on.

If you get a chance to get down to Danbury, TX, stop on by the "store" but make sure you have some time, because you'll want to stay for the stories.

Duc

Comment

At this particular store, the guy works the "front end" as the sales person

Duc
                        I dunno Duc...........his sales ability's are suspect.............keep mentioned something about ran out of yogurt..............................
                        Koi Wrangler
                        CKHPA

Comment

At this particular store, the guy works the "front end" as the sales person and also does the back end stuff such as spawning, culling, and deciding if I have the ability to keep the koi I've got my eye on.

If you get a chance to get down to Danbury, TX, stop on by the "store" but make sure you have some time, because you'll want to stay for the stories.

Duc
                          Ok Does that fellayh call his place a store? Does he have a chicken for an answering machine? And is he my "best Experience" at a Koi show?and if I didn't know who it was I'd laugh at your post...cuz yeah them salespeople "Work the front end" and also "does the back end stuff"...

Comment

Here they are again...

http://mystickoi.com/omosako/

http://mystickoi.com/omosako/26.jpg

http://mystickoi.com/omosako/160.jpg

Tom

Comment

Luke, I'm still narrowing them down from 25 and haven't yet picked my top 5. I startedfirst off by going through them very quickly and choosing the body first, then I started going back to look closer at what the eventual pattern might be "someday". Then I had to get to work!! Hope to narrow it down more tomorrow!! I'll let you know what I end up with for some choices.
                              2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
                              AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
                              July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
                              http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Comment

i like number 33

number 33 is in my top 5
                                Attached Files

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                                Working...
                                X