Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best of em in the Omosako grow out.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • best of em in the Omosako grow out.

    I ain't aftaid to tell ya what I think...since most of you are better'n me anyway....so here it goes
    I sure do like this fish...
  • #2

    and this one
    sorta two extremes huh..

    Comment

    • #3

      yes....two extremes...interesting....could see # 60 might be better later on, but the other more finished one might do better in this one year contest??
      Best regards,

      Bob Winkler

      My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4

        That first one is my favorite too Luke.

        Comment

        • #5

          Luke, they are both good to go....
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

          Comment

          • #6

            Luke, are you trying to say that you would like to reserve these 2 koi for yourself?! I also like the first koi (the future one). However, I am concerned about its motoguro, or lack thereof. Knowing Omosako's shiro bloodline, will motoguro develop in this one? Also, while we are on this topic, what type of motoguro are we looking for in such young tosai? How important is it in today's judging world to have balanced motoguro?

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by Bob Winkler View Post
              yes....two extremes...interesting....could see # 60 might be better later on, but the other more finished one might do better in this one year contest??
              Dr. Bob makes a very good point. The point of the contest is to growout a koi for 1 year and have it judged. Winning koi owner will get to pick out another koi from Omosako. So, #60 (also in my top 10) may be the better koi down the road and eventually compete for the big prizes, but if you want to win this contest, would a more finished shiro do the job?

              Things to ponder between now and selection time....

              BTW, I like #84!

              Duc

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by Bob Winkler View Post
                but the other more finished one might do better in this one year contest??
                Maybe not Bob. The winner will be the one judged to have the most potential at the end of the year. This will be determined not by a panel of judges or board members but by the breeder himself (based on photos). The "RGC" will be the one best for show now.
                Koi-Unit

                ZNA Potomac Koi Club

                Comment

                • #9

                  Sure would like to see the couple of spots of Sumi up close & in person on your first choice, Luke. Reminds me of the pattern of HenryC's wonderful Shiro.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                    Reminds me of the pattern of HenryC's wonderful Shiro.
                    I was think the same thing. The only thing I have learned about picking Omosako shiro's as tosai is to pick the ugliest one in the batch
                    Attached Files
                    Henry

                    Orlando, FL

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by azngopher View Post
                      Dr. Bob makes a very good point. The point of the contest is to growout a koi for 1 year and have it judged. Winning koi owner will get to pick out another koi from Omosako. So, #60 (also in my top 10) may be the better koi down the road and eventually compete for the big prizes, but if you want to win this contest, would a more finished shiro do the job?

                      Things to ponder between now and selection time....

                      BTW, I like #84!

                      Duc
                      Duc
                      #84 will still be there for you whenever you pic...that is one ugly shiro...
                      do you own any koi?
                      the uneven pecs are the biggest distraction..and they are only letting you see half the fish....
                      of course feel free to pick it and make me look bad next year

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Ok MY THREAD MY RULE..if you post you have to be honest and give the number to one of your top five the first time and top ten the second time

                        This is my third post so I'll go with a dark horse #18..I think that is all baby Sumi and won't be that black in a year. plus it has a great checkerboard pattern

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Henry,

                          Was that a $75 koi????

                          Awesome........................................... ....................................
                          Koi Wrangler
                          CKHPA

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by HenryC View Post
                            I was think the same thing. The only thing I have learned about picking Omosako shiro's as tosai is to pick the ugliest one in the batch

                            you could have told me that they were the same koi.

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Are you guys so full of yourselves that you think the rest of us are sitting around checking this thread to see if you have revealed which of the tosai is really the best one?
                              Come on open up..pic a fish and say a little something about it

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X