Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Japan Combined Show

Folks,

We'll be at the Tokyo Show tomorrow and Sunday, and hope to meet some of you there. Should be an interesting one this year!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

All K-B'ers attending: Hope you post pics and all the "color commentary" you can! Have a great time!

Comment

I wasn't at the show grounds today, but made a call to Mike Snaden who did who tells me that the Grand Champion was awarded to a Maruyama Showa that has been entered into the show for many years running now.

I believe that it belongs to Mr. Shigeo Komatsu of Nagano Prefecture, and is 89-90cm now. We have a photo on file, courtesy of Kinsai Shuppan, and will have some more photos tomorrow from the show. Congratualtions to both the owner and the breeder. We've not seen it in the flesh yet, but I believe it to be the GC Showa.

Please do not "borrow" this photograph for use on other sites.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian; 01-21-2005, 08:29 AM.
      Brian Sousa
      Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

worthy koi! wonder if the dad or son bred it? I know they used to be pretty competitive! Was always impressed with the koi they bred as extremely uniform
        in size and shape.
        Dick Benbow

Comment

Powerful! very nice.. Wish I could see it in Person. Hope all is enjoying the trip to the show..
          It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

very nice !!

Comment

I LOVE showa's and this is the best. I do so love seeing a showa win for a change!
              Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

Dick: I've received a note that she was sold as tosai for $2,000 by the son, and that his father said he should get out of breeding if kept selling fish of such quality as tosai. Don't know if the story is true.

Comment

Is this Maruyama's first All-Japan Combined Grand Champion? Either way this is the first Showa to win since Mr.Kato's at the All-Japan..Since 1991...What an honor...
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

I think the ring of it is true Mike, when I say they are competitive I mean fiercely. At a question and answer session at which they both were sitting at the front table, I asked which one bred the best koi and I thought the interpreter who knew the situation better than my innocent teasing question was about to swallow his false teeth. When he didn't translate and said in english i don't think that's a good idea, I knew that I had really done it that time. To take the pressure off and all the eyes ,he asked a benign question and i quickly sat low in my chair! If It's true I'm happy for the son! ( sides the dad can glory in the fact he taught him everything he knows! LOL)
                    Dick Benbow

Comment

Actual Photo of GC at the Show

I beleive this showa has been entered in the show for 3 or 4 years now.
                      It finally gets recognition.
                      Attached Files
                      Arthur

Comment

I love showa! Check out the Champion on Maruyama's website(http://www.kagura-beni.jp/index.htm) It's a little outdated, but we
                        can see the transformation to greatness. Congratulations to Maruyama Fish Farm!

Sunny

Comment

WOW, what a worthy champion. The title stays in Japan.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Back from the show now and have plenty of pics. I'm exhausted and it's late, so we'll put them up for you all tomorrow.
                            Brian Sousa
                            Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

for those who went to the show I would be interested in hearing what you saw.
                              More fish this year? Less? More of one color variety than past years. How did the earthquake affect the show. were those niigata breeders in attendance?
                              I always like to get a "feel" for a show especially for those with experience from previous one to compare to!
                              Dick Benbow

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X