If

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If

If you were able to buy only one koi, what breeder would you buy from?

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

wish you could have asked me that in person. That way you would see the immediate no thinking no hesitation answer.

Toshio Sakai of Isawa!

second son of the starter of Matsunosuke bllodline, he had nothing handed to him and worked for everything he has. Brought the original carp back into the bloodline for renewed size and health and vigor. Brilliant man. His son is studying with Sakai of Hiroshima.

noted for go sanke, this man breeds all kinds of koi varieties. He is one of the best teachers. I think some of the first words in english i ever heard him say was "shaddup"....( shut up ) when some of his students weren't paying close enough attention!

my favorite koi in the world, my own "kimiko" was bred by him.
    Dick Benbow

Comment

Dick do you have a picture of kimiko?

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Comment

My friend Dan Blatt posted one for me a few weeks ago within the asagi thread. I'm not much of a poster but if you know any volunteers I could forward one to them for posting.

Toshio's goshiki's and kujyackus are fabulous as well. If you ever read any of my threads about my RGC, It was a Tosai Sanke that i raised of his.
        Dick Benbow

Comment

If there was one breeder I would buy from.....hhhhmmm.....Probably Momotaro.
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Probably would be Ogawa from southern Japan. Really like the overall feel of his nicer stuff. Patterns on some of his kohaku's and sanke's that have more shiro, less beni and somewhat flowery in appearance. That starts my motor!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
            Working...
            X