Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microbe-Lift PL or Microbe-Lift PL Professional Blend?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microbe-Lift PL or Microbe-Lift PL Professional Blend?

Does any body know the differnts between these products? Which one would you recommend and why?

I already have the Professional blend because when I tried to order the MicPL one they siad they were out and that they were the same anyway. There's got to be some differnts right? MicPL says natural microbes; is MicPL PB sinthetic?

what's the difference ? The only difference is that you are throwing your money away.

keep your pond cycled, and keep up with all the hardwork your pond demands, and you will not be addictive to any of these stuff.

stan

Comment

huh?

It's benificail bacteria I am talking about. I have never used a ammonia detoxifier in my pond; if thats what you are thinking.

The price was the SAME for both products. Unless your pond is big enofe where you don't need to put in the work or need a filtration system you need to add benificail bacteria, if you have koi!

Comment

You don't need to add benefical to your pond. If a pond is properly cycled and filtered, it creates it own beneficial bacteria and you do not need to buy the bottled stuff. My pond is almost 3 years old now and I have never added any bottled bacteria. A properly designed and maintained pond simply doesn't need it.

Comment

hey

and it was $44.00 with free shiping for a gallon. in a retail store it's $100.00 for this stuff. Now I went from thinking I was frugal to knowing I am a waster! It's a sad day for me I threw my cash away.

Comment

If your pond is healthy and you have sufficient bio-filtration, you should never, ever need to add anything - just keep up water changes. "Beneficial bacteria" is just snake oil, sold primarily to the rock-bottom pond crowd who seem to feel that adding "stuff" to their ponds makes up for poor design and lack of adequate and efficient filtration. My pond is five years old and, like Cindy, I have never adding any "bacteria" to it.
            Lynda

Comment

your right!

but it does not hurt! Infact it helps. I cycle my pond, and it runs good!

Is anyone going to answer my question since i already bought the crap?

Comment

Your question has been answered; In fact, it's been answered three times by three knowledgeable ponders.

FYI, this is a board for serious hobbyists -- and serious hobbyists don't add crap to their ponds. Add water, add air: OK. Anything else? Gotta have a good reason.

Like that Jungle bug fizzies stuff you added a couple of days ago to your QT -- just for drill. The rule here is "Diagnose, then treat."

What you did with that crap made about as much sense as giving yourself an enema just because the kit was cheap.

Me? I'd pour that stuff down the drain.
                Don Chandler
                Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Comment

Originally posted by KoiCop View Post
                  Your question has been answered; In fact, it's been answered three times by three knowledgeable ponders.

FYI, this is a board for serious hobbyists -- and serious hobbyists don't add crap to their ponds. Add water, add air: OK. Anything else? Gotta have a good reason.

Like that Jungle bug fizzies stuff you added a couple of days ago to your QT -- just for drill. The rule here is "Diagnose, then treat."

What you did with that crap made about as much sense as giving yourself an enema just because the kit was cheap.

Me? I'd pour that stuff down the drain.
                  Friggin Don, you make me laugh... Thanks for brightening my day..
                  Hugs
                  Nancy

Comment

Me? I'd pour that stuff down the drain.[/quote]

What about a product called Mei-Gen has name Miracle Animal on it . I think it is the same product that is used at Momotaro . They buy it in large containers and add a liter to a new pond ?
                    Regards
                    Eugene

Comment

At the risk of upsetting Don, I'm going to ask a question along the same lines...

What about those who have just changed out their filtration on a new pond. the beneficial bacteria won't grow when the water is down to 45 degrees. You want to get the filter going since you have koi. Would this be an appropriate time to use this stuff.

can you see me ducking?

Mike
                      Whoever said you can't buy happiness didn't know about Koi

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that specific product, Eugene -- or with what claims it might be making or why Maeda-san adds it?

When cycling new ponds (or uncycled QT filters) there are all sorts of commercial and homebrew additives that different folks swear by.

Personally, I think some of them just might help to set the stage for proper cycling; in fact, I followed Dr. Roddy's advice and added BS & Koi Clay to the hospital tank I set up a couple of weeks ago in hopes of speeding up the cycle.

As for bottled beneficial bio-bugs? We know the bugs we need to establish in our filters are highly aerobic. So whatever the bottled bugs are, we know they're not aerobic -- or they wouldn't be sitting in a sealed bottle on the shelf. Right?

Here's an excellent thread that explains all this much better than I ever will:
                        Making your own Bottled Bacteria

By JR on Koishack 7 Feb 2007
                        http://koishack.com/forums/index.php...opic=8072&st=0
                        Don Chandler

Comment

I've seen lots of data about this "stuff" over the years and none of it is alive, so it does nothing, zip, nada to help cycle a new pond. The best bet to cycle a new pond or q-tank a little quicker is to take some of the media from an existing pond. Dead smelly stuff in a bottle isn't going to help. Sorry, there really aren't any quick fixes in ponding...
                          Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by smithvillemike View Post
                            At the risk of upsetting Don, I'm going to ask a question along the same lines...

What about those who have just changed out their filtration on a new pond. the beneficial bacteria won't grow when the water is down to 45 degrees. You want to get the filter going since you have koi. Would this be an appropriate time to use this stuff.

can you see me ducking?

Mike
                            No need to duck, Mike. Good question, in fact.

Now just think about what you've said for a minute.

Your beneficial bacteria won't grow when the water is down to 45 degrees -- and these are the highly aerobic bio-bugs we want and need, right?

So why would anyone think that bottled bugs, which are not aerobic (whatever else they are), will grow any better, will become established and will get the filter going at that same prohibitive temperature?

Doesn't make any sense to me. Makes money, sure. But doesn't make sense.
                            Don Chandler

Comment

Ok... continuing down this path, and sorry if I hijacked the thread...

How about addng something like ultimate during the winter months when the filters have trouble keeping up with the ammonia? Or is this another myth I keep reading?

Mike
                              Whoever said you can't buy happiness didn't know about Koi

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X