Do you have a favorite koi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a favorite koi

How about posting a picture of your favorite koi, and tell use why it's your favorite.

I would have to say it's this koi of mine. For some reason, and I don't know why, I love this koi. For the last few years I told myself and my wife I wanted a chagoi. Chagoi's just seem to have something about them. My chagoi will see my pond for the first time tomorrow. Its been in QT for a few months now, and everyone that I show my new koi to talk about her first. I would have never thought this, with some of the other koi in the tank. She just has something about her that everyone seems to like. I would love it if she grew over 30". Time will tell, but I'm guessing she will.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Hi Tom,

Here is my favourite koi.
    Hirasawa Soragoi 6 years old and about 32 inches.

Jaco
    Attached Files
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

Comment

My favorite koi is...MOMO
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

One of my favorites....an unusual kawarimono.....a Sumi Nagashi (spilled ink). Some would say Matsakawabake, but breeder says Sumi Nagashi. She is female and 18 inches. Dick also loves her.
        Attached Files

Comment

My favourite koi

This koi is my favourite.

It's a Maruju Doitsu Showa and I love it for the superb contrast between the colours and the crisp pattern edges that you get with Doitsu koi.

Those of you that have read Koi2Kichi may have noticed this koi before on page 92 of book 2.
          Attached Files

Comment

See avatar...........
            GarryC

Comment

A chagoi is a hoe, a tame food hoe! That is why everyone like her! If you want a big 30 incher plus in your pond, go for the greenish non ginrin version. Donald

Comment

see avatar...

Comment

My favourite koi

All my koi that I really like are all from the Go Sanke, classifications which nearly every koi keeper should have. But this koi I would love to have, we should of never sold it, but the good thing is I see it often.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This was an enjoyable thread. Thanks to veryone for posting! I don't know what it is but a good black and white koi gets me everytime!
                    Dick Benbow

Comment

My favourite has to be this shiro utsuri. I get a high with a fish that has a voracious apetite, grows well, and continue to surprise. This fish grew from 69 to 77cm within 7+months and her sumi continued to surprise from an almost bare head to this present pattern. And her apetite......yummy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Donald I did want a greenish non ginrin chagoi just like the one Kevin has. Here's Kevin's http://www.genkikoi.com/koisale2.html But having a wife that wouldn't have what she calls, a ugly big koi in the pond wouldn't work. She saw the one at Ken's that was a ginrin and she said they don't look all that bad. So we got a ginrin. The problem was I didn't take her to Kevin's with me. If she saw his, I think I could talk her into a greenish non ginrin chagoi. If I don't get the growth out of this one. I will then add another one to the pond. That one will be a non ginrin chagoi. But now that I have this one I am liking it a lot.

Tom

Comment

dtbh, nice shiro. Also some real nice growth.

Tom

Comment

Hi, I am a koi buddy of Dtbh. My favourite is a 75 cm Sakai Sankei. I was very lucky to be able to purchase her and she has developed into a real beauty. Dtbh has kindly agreed to foster her and she is now being groomed at dtbh's pond and building up girth to ready her for the koi show in May. She won best in size 75BU in last year's competition and I am very confident she will do well this year. The picture to the right is as she is today. She is really a lot thicker than in the pic. Hope you like her as well.

Rgds
                            HWONG
                            Attached Files

Comment

hwong:
                              Wow.

I'll give you the highest compliment I can think of. I WANT THAT FISH!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X