True Animal Lover --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Animal Lover --

10 years old veterinarian -- hope shel will help koi someday as well....

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=6202682

Very interesting ! Amazing kid!

But Dinh, actually your title for the post is wrong or at least misleading ! Vet schools actually don't look for 'animal lovers' and in fact, the worst thing you can say to an interviewer during the admission process is that you want to be a vet because you love animals! The reason is, a vet must unfortunately 'hurt' animals often in the course of helping them. And also an applicant needs to be detached at times from individual animals. So the wanting to help an animal can be different and come from 'a different place' than loving an animal. So in the end, loving animals is not enough and actually can be a hindrance to helping an animal and making good decisions.

JR

Comment

Originally posted by JasPR View Post
      Very interesting ! Amazing kid!

But Dinh, actually your title for the post is wrong or at least misleading ! Vet schools actually don't look for 'animal lovers' and in fact, the worst thing you can say to an interviewer during the admission process is that you want to be a vet because you love animals! The reason is, a vet must unfortunately 'hurt' animals often in the course of helping them. And also an applicant needs to be detached at times from individual animals. So the wanting to help an animal can be different and come from 'a different place' than loving an animal. So in the end, loving animals is not enough and actually can be a hindrance to helping an animal and making good decisions.

JR
      Haha my greatest master. The title reflection to what my 8 years old daughter Ann keeps saying -- she wants to be a vet when growing up to help animals.. she is an animal lover as well....

Comment

A true master. Well said JR

Comment

So in the end, loving animals is not enough and actually can be a hindrance to helping an animal and making good decisions.

A couple of years ago my golden retriver being nearly 15 years old was relly sick . The very kind vetenerian who loves animals we have ,made a lot of suggestions how we could keep her alive . When she finished I asked her ; what would you do if it was your dog would you put her down or give her a little more time . She looked me streight in the eyes and said If it was my dog I would put her down . So I did .
          Regards
          Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Eugeneg View Post
            So in the end, loving animals is not enough and actually can be a hindrance to helping an animal and making good decisions.

A couple of years ago my golden retriver being nearly 15 years old was relly sick . The very kind vetenerian who loves animals we have ,made a lot of suggestions how we could keep her alive . When she finished I asked her ; what would you do if it was your dog would you put her down or give her a little more time . She looked me streight in the eyes and said If it was my dog I would put her down . So I did .
            Regards
            Eugene
            Thanks for sharing ....

so wonder that is a "love or hate"? Or it is a "love and hate" vet ?

Comment

I basically agree with what JR said. But a vet MUST be a true animal lover, to handle the mess a sick animal brings with it, and yet be able to put the 'love' behind when looking at a sick animal. Loving is often blinding, isn't it ?

stan

Comment

Originally posted by saratogatan View Post
                I basically agree with what JR said. But a vet MUST be a true animal lover, to handle the mess a sick animal brings with it, and yet be able to put the 'love' behind when looking at a sick animal. Loving is often blinding, isn't it ?

stan
                Stan, imagination of a medical doctor does not like human being ;-)))))))))))

--Dinh

Comment

A vet has to love animals in order to be a good vet. But loving an animal also means knowing when you must hurt them to help them, or when to say goodbye. Imagine how hard it would be on an animal if their doctor hated animals??

Comment

Wow!!! Very cool kid.....oh and I forgot to mention smart.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                    Working...
                    X