acquired house with pond; needs system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acquired house with pond; needs system

Just acquired a house with a koi pond. It's approximately 2000 gal. No bottom drain, 3' deep. What type of filtration, pump, aererator, etc. do I need to get. I've been researching, but options are overwhelming. I perfer a system that I won't regret in a year, but don't want to take out a second mortgage. Small waterfall in corner, 3' x 3',not much space to hide a filter. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by julia22
    Just acquired a house with a koi pond. It's approximately 2000 gal. No bottom drain, 3' deep. What type of filtration, pump, aererator, etc. do I need to get. I've been researching, but options are overwhelming. I perfer a system that I won't regret in a year, but don't want to take out a second mortgage. Small waterfall in corner, 3' x 3',not much space to hide a filter. Any suggestions?
    2000 gallon pond, nice. What is it made of first off? Liner? Concrete? Fiberglass?
    Retrofitting the pond shouldn't be to bad. You really wont "Break the bank" on a small project like yours. But first off what is it made of?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

the pond is constructed of a liner. Very large rocks sits on the liner in the corner to create the waterfall.

Comment

What area of the country? What is feeding the waterfall now, a submersible pump?

Comment

Also is there some sort of filteration on the pond now?
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

I'd like to know where you live to make suggestions based on your weather.
            You might consider a smaller Bubble bead that you can backwash weekly that feeds into A biofilter and returns back to the pond before the waterfall with a UV light. Did the previous owner leave you any koi or are you starting from scatch?
            Dick Benbow

Comment

its been a while since I've asked about filtration. The pond is a black liner, 1500 gal., about 8 large Koi, Cyber.... something filter is on it now . Filter has 6 green sponges and 10 brushes with media in the bottom. A UV light is attached. Thinking of Vortec or AquaDyne? Any comment.

Comment

It has been 5 months since you first posted. How have things been going? It really would be helpful to know the climate where you live. There are a lot of differences between New England in U.S. and Indonesia.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to answer that question. I live in central Texas. In the summer heat gets over 100, but we seldom freeze in the winter.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X