Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys, had some trouble tonight.

I've had a bad evening.
    I went back to my industrial unit this evening to cut the drain discs for my static Kaldnes filters on the new farm ponds.

While I was there, I was locked in my unit, so I could not retaliate, thieves then broke into my van and stole my laptop and camera!!

I know it all sounds like this should have happened the 'otherside of the pond', but this was in good old Somerset, England!!

This is the only board I know my password for, I cannot post anywhere else from my old PC at the moment.

There are a few threads and many e-mails I would like to reply to, but have no access at the moment, so please pass the word around the net, that I am out of action.

So many photos, never to be seen again!!!!
    And don't tell the Taxman I have lost my accounts!!!
    Maurice.
    http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Don't let them get you down!

Comment

Just went thru that last thursday maurice. Computers,cameras, jewlery I gave my bride before marriage, lots of other non replaceables. I know how you feel.
      This year's koi purchase just went into an alarm system.

I'm sorry good friend for your loss and the insult it is to your soul AS A GREAT HUMAN BEING, you deserve better! Right now nothing will help that can be said, but in a few days you'll realize you still have your life, your loved ones and your work!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Dear Maurice,

So sorry to hear your bad news. Keep your chin up.
        Best regards, Mark

Comment

Maurice, and Dick, so sorry to hear of your grief. Don't some folk just make you sick?

Maurice I've taken the liberty of advising of your plight, as you requested, on KoiChat.
          Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Maurice,dont let the scumbags get you down and i hope you cheer up and keep up the good work that you are doing.

Gazza
            Regards

Gazza

Comment

me too, sorry bloke. worse thing that happens to me is finding a hook and line in my tank from the kids next door..

Comment

you can't keep a good man down!

Maurice don't forget to laugh,laugh,laugh laugh,laugh,laugh,laugh!!
                What a good job you were locked in goodness knows what might have happened otherwise.
                Isn't it good you have your excellent web site up to date,you have plenty of data safe on there.

Chin up
                Doris

Comment

The depths that human beings sink to never ceases to amaze me. They didn't get your health, and that what matters most. Hope the police can track them down.

My family was burgularized when I was in high school, and I know how violated and angry it makes you feel. Just like you Dick, we had an alarm system installed shortly thereafter and I won't live without one ever again.

Believe it or not, you really do need one even here in Japan. Break-ins are at an all-time high at present. Seems like concept of work ethic is failing around the world.
                  Brian Sousa
                  Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Maurice,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, if there is anything any of us can do to assist, just ask. I'm sure those photo's were very valuable to your business. Some may be retrievanble through the forum's you use, but I'm sure many will be private to you and your work.
                    Regards, Bob
                    ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
                    <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

BTDT (about 16 years ago) I use to work 3rd Shift. People robbed my house in broad daylight while I was at work. Tiretracks in the snow, and fingerprints on the dresser and still nobody got caught. In a town with a population of 1200. Most of my neigbors were at home retirees and nobody saw anthing. Whoever it was knew me.

Took all my electronics, sterio, video camera, etc. Worst part of it all, was my insurance compnay only paid "depreciated value". So I didnt get that much back.

They didnt even bother to take the tape out of the video camera (which was from my time in Germany) so I lost that too.

My sympathies.

Comment

I'm really sorry for you Maurice, I had a similar problem begining of the year. I lose a lot of picture because I had to format my hard disk and the DVD where I saved everything was corrupt. The day after ,1st january , I broke my knee working and I had to be opered. So I could not work for 6 weeks but, that was the occasion to discover this forum and to learn a lot abour koi. So, try to be positiv, think further and in a few month you will laugh about it like me today.

Comment

hey maurice

sorry to hear about your unfortunate mishap, take it easy. Its a lot worse when there break in and you are personally there. Last september my house was broken into in the middle of the night when i was there. Within 10 seconds they found the car keys and a wallet and took off with my car. It just seems that there is no justice when these things happen, the criminals are never caught.

tewa

ps hope you pick up from this experience and gain even more from it
                          There is no such thing as a zero maintenance pond but the closer you get the more time to enjoy your koi. Soft low TDS water is the perfect pond water.
                          http://www.tewakoi.com

Comment

Being around "law enforcement types" for a few years it was understood...
                            Only the Stupid and unlucky criminals are ever caught.

Comment

Maurice and Dick,

I am really sorry to hear of your troubles. You are both in our thoughts.
                              ChrisC

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X